David Gower

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Just watching the cowboys v eels and geez at times David Gower is a clever footballer. If there has been a better ball playing display in the first 50 minutes by a front rower this year I have yet to see it. And that is against the Aus front row(although how they deserve the green and gold this year I dont know).He was good last week against Woods and Galloway as well.

In these days of robot front rowers he has some serious ball skills. Lack of size probably works against him.

I know his hands let him down a couple of times with us but I always thought he deserved more game time but like many others at our club our policy of not giving the bench a run makes it hard to see potential. He just offers something a bit different. Brad Arthur obviously took him with him for a reason.

He didn't really get much time to impress with us last year, and I'm not sure I'd take him back ahead of who we've got now...though we lost Richie F from our roster very late.

Hoping Epa L gets fit and plays a solid role for us, but Brad Arthur would know better than most how good Gower is.

Always thought he was a decent backup to have at a club who could play 10+ games of firsts a year

Until tonight I thought Matt Scott had been poor all season. Easily his best game tonight.

Tamou is a deadset joke.

Fluffy said:
Always thought he was a decent backup to have at a club who could play 10+ games of firsts a year

Fair assessment in my book.

Nothing flash, but solid and more than useful.

I am still pissed we didn't keep Gower. His game against the tigers last week was out standing. A bit small for a front row = a great size in the back row. At least JSL has got an opportunity this year I guess.

Not good enough for more than 5 minutes in a GF though. Still trying to work that one out.

Having said that I wasn't particularly disappointed when he moved on TBH. Maybe all he needed was an opportunity, so good on him if he is actually bringing something to the table these days.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4