David Morrow

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DVS Matt

Bencher
Ok, so at lunch today I’m having a couple of quiet sherbets in the city chatting about the weekends footy with a few mates from work.

In the background I hear a guy mention the words “Manly Sea Eagles” – I don’t think much of it, until this fat ugly b@stard starts ragging on them something chronic.

Quotes:

“Manly are the worst team to win a premiership”
“North Sydney deserve to be in the comp and Manly deserve to be ousted”
“Wouldn’t surprise me if Manly paid the refs……………again”

At this stage, I turn around and tell him that if he doesn’t *beep* like it, then the a-league is always looking for soft c*ck supporters.

At the end of that sentence I realise that I have interrupted an ABC broadcast team luncheon at my local and the man I aimed my spray at was David Morrow.

Him and another nobody just stare back at me with some holier than thou look.

Wish I had of really told them where to go

Good on ya DVS. After hearing some of the tripe that he and Warren Ryan come out with this doesn't surprise me.

Morrow and his pathetic sidekicks are just plain bad.  They laugh at their own silliness and the pathetic slavering over Warren Ryan's inane comments make me sick.  Ryan is just an old hack.  Sure he got the Dogs to a GF win, but he lost another for the Tigers.  I wonder how they view him?  Poorly I suspect.  Morrow is one of the line of Manly hating congo dancers.  Total creep.  Pity I'm paying for their crap through my taxes.   

I was listening to Ryan ramble on the other day, barely coherent, and it struck me is getting far too old to be put in front of a microphone. 

If Manly were the worst team to win a competition it doesn't say much about the other teams playing last year. 

It must have been the worst quality competiton ever in leagues history. 

Pity you didn't get a pcture of him as it would attract some good captions.

Well done DVS, you should back it up with a phone call while their on air and give them another spray!

Yeah, Morrow/Wok and co are hideously biased.

To their credit they have never attempted to hide their shame. Wok has been a massive critic of Manly since day dot, and a very outspoken one at that. Morrow hates Manly almost as much as he loves the Dragons. When there is a Manly game on (or a Manly issue to debate) they are complete dead air....no point listening to them.

Shame really, because despite his blunder in the '89 GF Wok was once a fairly good thinker. His brain is mush now sadly.

I enjoy listening to Morrow and Wok more than the commercial mob. Bill Hamilton is an unabashed Newcastle fan and Morrow and Wok don't hide their colours. Their problem is that they have not forgiven or forgotten Manly for what happened in the 70/80s and sadly it shows. Last year they were very complimentary of the Sea Eagles though yesterday there were allusions to the old conspiracy theories of Manly running the game/controlling the refs etc.

Often their analysis is good, though I am glad Matt gave Morrow a gobful if that is what he was saying.

Well I do agree that last years comp was not very strong and I think this years is less strong again.

I'm still of the same thinking I was in round 6 or 7 where I stated that the refereeing is ruining the game in a big way and making it less enjoyable to watch. 18 rounds later I don't feel alot different.

Nut I have to agree the refereeing is murdering the game. It's just hideous. Checcin refs along the lines of "something had to be wrong with that...penalty!"

His moment of fame was calling the Meninga try in the 2nd Ashes Test 1990.  Been dining out on it ever since. 

Sure Wok has been a Manly hater from the old days and admits to this openly, but to his credit has (along with Gould) put his finger right on Manly's attacking problems this year.

Both have said the same thing in their anaylsis re playmakers Orford & co running sideways, not enough straight runners, Orford's problematic kicking game etc etc

Morrow often puts his foot in his mouth during the ABC broadcasts and relies on Wok to come to the rescue in his dry sage-like way, and with sideline eye Hamilton they run a "3 Stooges" type act on air....yes Wok is Moe delivering the slaps and pokes in the eye ;-)

By the way CW its Craig Hamilton not Bill who was one of ours wasn't he back in ye olden times when I used to go to the footie with my grandpa....wasn't Bill a copper and built like the proverbial brick outhouse? (yeah I know CW this was deliberate to see if we were still awake  ;D)

It is Craig. Bill was one of the main inspirations for my becoming a Sea Eagles supporter in those unfashionable Manly days when everyone claimed to be Dragon lovers.

Sorry that I called Craig Hamilton "Bill'. Herman was one of my all term Manly heroes and to mention them in the same breath is not on. Good analysis Brookiegreg!!!

go mate good hear you sprayed the F**khead

wok is a fool he wont be remembered for the dogs of 84 and 85 he will be remember for losing the unlosable GF in 1989

So MB and CW if big Bill Hamilton was your hero then you must have also followed Norths when he went and played for them in the eighties?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2