David Taylor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hi All,

Rather not use the cliche of first time poster long time reader but that pretty much sums me up...

With rumours and constant talk of Foran and T-rex going to the dogs I think that we should make a big play for Taylor.

Yes he has agreed with the Titans but it looks like he will be bailing out of that agreement. With Taylor being out of favour with Maguire, he will be looking for a new club. I think he would make a very handy replacement for T-Rex. He has the aggression, has handy ball-skills and can score tries...4 already this season.

I know it can be quite frustrating with forwards wanting to be a half (kite) but look how epic gifty is. Although he may be inconsistent at times imagine what he can learn off gifty. Imagine 2 ball playing second rowers plus the grunt of Watmough.

Anywho just my 2 cents :D

What are your thoughts?

I agree, but it appears as though he wants to return to QLD. In my opinion he has the potential to be 3X the player that Tony Williams will become. I don't know why but Taylor hasn't quite utilised the gifts he has been given. Geez what I wouldn't give to be 195cm/117kg's with the extra skills set he has!!!

I have always rated Taylor. I think a player like him is what we are missing now even at full strength.

Taylor could be anything but has softened his runs a little. If he runs harder at the line he will be unstoppable

Imo yes he'd be handy. However, I understood the reason he signed with the Titans is because he's homesick, so if that deal falls through I would say he'll do a Hannant and want to return to the Broncos. Failing that, maybe the Cowboys. In other words, I agree but would we want him if he's homesick and wants a Qld club?

Sorry if this was already posted. Tried to search some posts but couldn't find anything relevant.

Yeah I agree Dan, lately he looks like he hasn't been running hard at the line but when he does he brings so much to the table.

He has similar impact to T-Rex and has a handy offload too.

Whilst ever we have so many of our proverbial contract balls up in the air, we are just not in the position to be further complicating things with a high profile recruitment.

Jatz Crackers said:
Whilst ever we have so many of our proverbial contract balls up in the air, we are just not in the position to be further complicating things with a high profile recruitment.

Why? I would be prepared to offload Foran, Kite, Galavao, B.Stewart, Rose and Ballin to get Taylor. Wouldn't this free up some funds?

1 - Dean Whare (Gutherson a priority - future fullback)
2 - David Williams
3 - Jamie Lyon
4 - Steve Matai
5 - Jorge Taufua
6 - Gary Riccardi
7 - Daly Cherry-Evans
13- Glenn Stewart
12 - Anthony Watmough
11 - Tony Williams
10 - David Taylor
9 - Liam Higgins
8 - Jason King (Cunningham future prop)

14 - Jamie Buhrer

C'mon, handy forwards!!!

madeinplateau said:
Hi All,

Rather not use the cliche of first time poster long time reader but that pretty much sums me up...

With rumours and constant talk of Foran and T-rex going to the dogs I think that we should make a big play for Taylor.

Yes he has agreed with the Titans but it looks like he will be bailing out of that agreement. With Taylor being out of favour with Maguire, he will be looking for a new club. I think he would make a very handy replacement for T-Rex. He has the aggression, has handy ball-skills and can score tries...4 already this season.

I know it can be quite frustrating with forwards wanting to be a half (kite) but look how epic gifty is. Although he may be inconsistent at times imagine what he can learn off gifty. Imagine 2 ball playing second rowers plus the grunt of Watmough.

What are your thoughts?

How do you know if TRex is leaving? All my mail is that he wants to stay at Manly, in saying that Taylor would be great to be playing along side of him.

Moops said:
Jatz Crackers said:

Why? I would be prepared to offload Foran, Kite, Galavao, B.Stewart, Rose and Ballin to get Taylor. Wouldn't this free up some funds?

2 - David Williams
3 - Jamie Lyon
4 - Steve Matai
5 - Jorge Taufua
6 - Gary Riccardi
7 - Daly Cherry-Evans
13- Glenn Stewart
12 - Anthony Watmough
11 - Tony Williams
10 - David Taylor
9 - Liam Higgins

14 - Jamie Buhrer

C'mon, handy forwards!!!

My point was more to do with the fact that at present we would be unable to put that sort of reshuffle into effect.

But even still, that would trade away 3 props, 5/8, FB and hooker to attain one forward. It would kill our depth. And even then thats before contract illegalities raise their ugly head.

lsz said:
So you are suggesting we induce a player to break a contract?

From a PR point of view this would be a very risky move....

Not to worry. Our resident silk, Dan, has this covered with the Men at Work precedent. Otherwise known as the Penski file.

Earnie the Eagle said:
madeinplateau said:
Hi All,

What are your thoughts?

How do you know if TRex is leaving? All my mail is that he wants to stay at Manly, in saying that Taylor would be great to be playing along side of him.

Sorry I should have been more clear in the original post. I was more along the lines of if T-Rex decides to leave. Surely we wouldn't make a play for anyone until we know whats happening with our own.

But also in saying that. Imagine if we got both...

I wouldn't mind if Taylor was added to the books.

Why would anyone get homesick about qld?

:)

Jatz Crackers said:
Moops said:
Jatz Crackers said:

2 - David Williams
3 - Jamie Lyon
4 - Steve Matai
5 - Jorge Taufua
6 - Gary Riccardi
7 - Daly Cherry-Evans
13- Glenn Stewart
12 - Anthony Watmough
11 - Tony Williams
10 - David Taylor
9 - Liam Higgins

14 - Jamie Buhrer

C'mon, handy forwards!!!

My point was more to do with the fact that at present we would be unable to put that sort of reshuffle into effect.

But even still, that would trade away 3 props, 5/8, FB and hooker to attain one forward. It would kill our depth. And even then thats before contract illegalities raise their ugly head.

lsz said:
So you are suggesting we induce a player to break a contract?

From a PR point of view this would be a very risky move....

Not to worry. Our resident silk, Dan, has this covered with the Men at Work precedent. Otherwise known as the Penski file.

Oh not the pesky penski file. Stuff it I'm off for a
Drink cos these pretzels are making me thirsty

Moops said:
Jatz Crackers said:

2 - David Williams
3 - Jamie Lyon
4 - Steve Matai
5 - Jorge Taufua
6 - Gary Riccardi
7 - Daly Cherry-Evans
13- Glenn Stewart
12 - Anthony Watmough
11 - Tony Williams
10 - David Taylor
9 - Liam Higgins