David Vaealiki

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SilentBob

Bencher
Vaealiki signs for the Sea Eagles
26/11/2007
By Manly Sea Eagles

The Sea Eagles are proud to announce the signing of David Vaealiki to a one year deal.

Vaealiki comes to the Sea Eagles after spending 3 years with the Wigan Warriors. He is a New Zealand junior who has played seven tests for his country and also played in the 2000 Rugby League World Cup. His NRL debut was with the Parramatta Eels in 1999 and played 93 games for the club including a Grand Final appearance in 2001.

Vaealiki usually plays in the centres but has also played fullback for both the Wigan Warriors and New Zealand.

David and his family have recently moved to the area and we would like to welcome them to the Sea Eagles.

----------------------------------------------------

I'm a bit puzzled by this signing. Gives some good depth in the backs I suppose, he's only 27 too.

Wow, very interesting

Has plenty of natural ability, but also had some shockers in him too, hopefully has matured a lot over in the UK. Recently read a book by Frank Endacott and he said he was one of the most talented junior players he had seen, and Brain Smith agreed with that

Very astute planning from the club, looking ahead to the rep season when Bell, Lyon and Stewart may all be in contention we have some quality, experienced cover, and should mean no more Robertson at Fullback and Menzies in the centres

Pity we didn't sign him 5 years ago when he he was at his peak. He has lost his speed since the knee reconstruction.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4