David Williams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

johnperi01

Reserve Grader
There are rumours on the nrl info site that David Williams may be going to the Bulldogs next year. According to a Bulldogs forum, he was in talks with Todd Greenberg the other week.
Given we have lost Hopoate for the next 2 years, I would have though re-signing Williams would be a priority.

He hasn't been on the field long enough. Doesn't he have 1 year left though?

Wolfman v's Ben Farrar
If we have 200k available and as much as I like the Wolfman, the club would be shooting themselves in the foot by not replacing Hoppa with a utility back.

I asked Wolfman himself when does his current contract expire. His answer was at the end of 2012.

Why do people underrate this bloke is beyond me. The time he has spent onfeild this year he's been as good as robbo. I like robbo but he is a koala on this forum.

Cambo I think everyone on here rates the wolf highly however I think the main concern is the number of times he has been on the field in the last couple of seasons. His high octane kick returns are beginning to take their toll.

IF Wolf can stay fit he is a must for our side especially with Hoppa Jr gone. BUT if he cant maintain enough fitness to play at least 80% of the season then he becomes a salary cap liability which we cannot afford on our struggling budget.I'd hate to lose him but we cant be paying him to sit on the sidelines most of the year anymore.

Yeah, and The Bulldogs seem to have mountains of cash to throw away, what with their Morris, Ennis, James Graham, Pritchard, Hodgkinson, Tolman, Eastwood & all the other recent signings they have made.

They tend to lose one player, and fill the void with seven.

Also, wouldn't be surprised if he left. So far, in the past 12 months, we have had:-
+ Matai linked with Sharks
+ D Williams linked with Bulldogs
+ Rose linked with Titans/Knights
+ Rodney overseas
+ Hopoate on a mission
+ Galuvao to Penrith (didn't happen, just saying...)
+ Buhrer linked to Roosters
+ Jason King linked to Storm
+ JWH linked to us, then to Waratahs
+ Foran linked to Roosters
+ T Williams linked with Parramatta
+ Watmough linked with being released

Yaaaaaaaawn

Cambo said:
Why do people underrate this bloke is beyond me. The time he has spent onfeild this year he's been as good as robbo. I like robbo but he is a koala on this forum.

No-one under-rates him but he spends more time off the field than on it unfortunately. Had an injury free 2008 but since then he's been injured a fair bit.

mickqld said:
IF Wolf can stay fit he is a must for our side especially with Hoppa Jr gone. BUT if he cant maintain enough fitness to play at least 80% of the season then he becomes a salary cap liability which we cannot afford on our struggling budget.I'd hate to lose him but we cant be paying him to sit on the sidelines most of the year anymore.

Using that logic we should have released Brett Stewart last year. Injuries can happen to any player at anytime. It's just bad luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8