Haumole gone, DCE resurrected

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
We can still plead guilty for both but challenge the grading without risking a 3rd match. If we get a downgrade it would be a fine only. Worth a shot considering there was no actual lifting from either player. Even if only one gets a downgrade it's a massive win.

Edit: this is incorrect, challenging grading would mean 3 weeks if unsuccessful.

Last edited:
Well that's raiders and dolphins who will be the beneficiaries of this

We won't be winning the next 2 without ola and DCE

Surely we challenge this
Manly win both those games, Arthur will do a job and Brooks will step up, no Fogarty for the Raiders, Sipley back possibly and Bullemore on an edge, should be challenged but the team can win both those two if they're serious

We can still plead guilty for both but challenge the grading without risking a 3rd match. If we get a downgrade it would be a fine only. Worth a shot considering there was no actual lifting from either player. Even if only one gets a downgrade it's a massive win.
Nobody challenges anymore as nobody wins, it’s a kangaroo court the judiciary nowadays.

I agree with your thoughts though.

2 games each with an early plea. What a joke
I agree feathered friend it is a Joke
But the Good news is that we can still have the last laugh

The Fact is that We are only truly tested in tough times
This is our tough time and our test of character
Test of character is to be able to take the challenge head on and prevail over Adversity
If we can learn to overcome Adversity
We can overcome any team on our way to Winning the Grand final

This is it
This is our moment
We seize it
and we Sour above Adversity like Unstoppable Premiership Winning Eagles
1714184135009.png

We have to fight this ! The NRL are taking the piss, particularly when it comes to Manly.

Step up (for once) Manly, and don't be lazy and take the early plea. Back your soldiers.

Sivo elbows Garrick in the head and gets nothing though ? Inept. Corrupt.
It's more likely the fifty to a hundred they would have to spend on a defence.

Judiciary Report: Olakau'atu, DCE facing bans for Lane tackle​

NRL.com
Sat 27 Apr 2024, 12:06 PM

Manly pair Haumole Olakau'atu and Daly Cherry-Evans are both facing two-game bans after they were charged with a Dangerous Throw on Eels forward Shaun Lane.

The duo have each been charged with a Grade 2 Dangerous Throw offence which attracts a two-game ban with an early plea or a three-game ban if they unsuccessfully contest the charge at the judiciary.

Parramatta pair Ryan Matterson and Maika Sivo were also charged from the game, with Matterson facing a $1,000 fine for his high tackle on Luke Brooks while Sivo is facing a $3,000 fine for his Dangerous Contact charge on Reuben Garrick.

It is dolphins in 2 week's time not Broncos but still get your point

1/2 then get ola and DCE back for magic round against Broncos

I will happily take that
If they fight the charge and lose, then they will also miss the 'Magic Round' match against the Broncos.

The only thing that really really pisses me off is the 14 years as a cleanskin for DCE.

You’d think it would be

“ Normally this would be a 2-3 week suspension but given this player has had 14 years without a single charge on this occasion it’ll be a fine , and carry forward points “.

But no , let’s rub him out for 2 weeks.

****ing dickheads

If they fight the charge and lose, then they will also miss the 'Magic Round' match against the Broncos.
Can plead guilty but challenge the grading. Worst case scenario they still get 2 weeks and Penn is out of pocket for the legal costs. Worth it even for a long shot.

Edit: this is incorrect, challenging grading would mean 3 weeks if unsuccessful.

Last edited:
It's losing DCE that will really bring us back to the pack. Ola is outstanding but you can nurse yourself through a game without a weapon on an edge. It's the direction and kicking game that we will lack that hurts.
I’m interested to see who steps in? I’ve been wondering all year about what would happen if we had an injury or suspension. Wacom I guess??

I think Olak should accept as the lift and throw was mainly him. DCE should challenge because the lift and throw was mainly Haumole. I've never seen the NRL charge the 2nd player in a tackle in these types of tackles. Total garbage from a likely salty Parra fan on the MRC.

Can plead guilty but challenge the grading. Worst case scenario they still get 2 weeks and Penn is out of pocket for the legal costs. Worth it even for a long shot.
It looks like they're exploring a challenge of the grading but losing that challenge does not mean you still get the 2 week early plea. If they are unsuccessful in downgrading the charge, they miss 3 games.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8