Haumole gone, DCE resurrected

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Sounds like they've been given advice to challenge the charge. mmm..interesting.
In memory of the Great Tezza and the Draft, they should challenge the entire judiciary system right from Refs, to bunker to MRC to judicary hearings!

The current system is rotten. I can't believe the amount of "beer money" fines that have been handed out of late for serious charges or those like Klemmer that go unpunished at all.

I haven't re-watched the tackle but it did look scary at the time. Seems Manly is getting legal advice, but unless the chances of fighting it are really strong I reckon just get on with it, next man up.

We have solid halves depth now so use it. Supposedly we have a smart coach so should be able to play a slightly adjusted style and beat those 2 sides. Raiders have lost their own half anyway, and I think dolphins are also missing quite a few.
Problem is that most of our tries come from those 2 players. Our attack will be greatly diminished.

Its a fair point.

Id also ask how Matterson wasnt even penalised for his hit on Brooks, yet has now been charged. This is not close to the first time this sort of thing has happened this year. And we wonder why players stay down?

There is a huge disconnect between the ref/bunker and the MRC / judiciary.
Exactly we should have been given a penalty right in front of the posts. Matterson went out of his way to bash Brooks, if he had been penalised that time he might have pulled his neck in a bit and not pick on one of the smaller players all night

SMH reporting that Manly have enagaged a lawyer already to consider challenging the charges in relation to the no penalty to Sivo.
Sivo was a dog act 100%
But personally rather look after our own back yard then what happens to another teams players

There has been a number of teams this year with main strike players out, Broncs, storm, fins to name a few and have gone on to win games. If we're a top 4 or at least top 8 team this year, then we should also be able to find a way to win.
It is what it is and always has and will be with officials against us, so let's move on and do what we've always done through adversity and everybody hates us mentality. 🦅

Raiders are without their half back as well. I guess this will show which number 7 is more valuable .

This is a dead set stitch up though. Blind Freddy can see that there was no lifting and it was all momentum. I think losing Ola would be the bigger blow.

In the worse case scenario, hopefully we can jag one win from the two games.

This really is harsh, 2 players × 2 wks = 4wks..i know it's 2wks each but this is what it feels like to me.
Yes thus I think we should challenge... for example if dce gets off and huamole still gets 2 weeks or even 3 then it's still technically better to be only missing 1 player (rather then your chief playmaker)

Yes thus I think we should challenge... for example if dce gets off and huamole still gets 2 weeks or even 3 then it's still technically better to be only missing 1 player (rather then your chief playmaker)
Agree, I see we are thinking about engaging Lawyer's for a possible challenge, maybe got advice to go ahead on this.

Raiders are without their half back as well. I guess this will show which number 7 is more valuable .

This is a dead set stitch up though. Blind Freddy can see that there was no lifting and it was all momentum. I think losing Ola would be the bigger blow.

In the worse case scenario, hopefully we can jag one win from the two games.
Or maybe DCE gets let off ?

I often think outside the box. I honestly think Turbo or Garrick could work alongside Brooks in the halves. And Arthur could take over Lawton's role swapping with Croker from the bench. Also Croker played in the halves in the earlier years so he could work alongside Brooks as well with Arthur in dummy half offering some more creativity and another kicking option.

Seems to be a fair bit of negativity on this thread and I do understand as it’s very frustrating however there is a silver lining. both players will be out for origin so it gives a chance for Arthurs to find his feet at 7 and work out who plays for guac. Definitely makes next 2 weeks harder but I believe we can win both games. Raiders will take us on in the middle and we will be right up for that. Still have plenty of points in us with turbo and Brooks at the helm.

I often think outside the box. I honestly think Turbo or Garrick could work alongside Brooks in the halves. And Arthur could take over Lawton's role swapping with Croker from the bench. Also Croker played in the halves in the earlier years so he could work alongside Brooks as well with Arthur in dummy half offering some more creativity and another kicking option.

I think its probably best to have to only shuffle a couple of players around, as opposed to half the team.

I think they should accept Ola’s ban and challenge DCEs. Somebody has to pay the price for the tackle, as it was dangerous, so it should be Ola. It looked to me like DCE just happened to be there. I couldn’t see anything he did that contributed to the tackle - certainly nothing that would justify 2 weeks.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8