DCE contract talk/future...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
AS we all know Daly is much sought after by many clubs in the NRL,but forgive me as I haven't worked out how to submit an article on silvertllis-I just read on courier mail that Daly has just bought a house on the Northern Beaches with his partner in the last 6 weeks,with another bub on the way.Surely he is setting up a future here and at manly I would think! Thoughts Comments and NEWS?

Well sometimes Jurno's don't really have a story. So it's easier to make one up. It's called no substance and the Editor will keep me around for another day.

For some reason the Courier Mail keep faxing their stories to DCE. Each fax ends with a big QUEENSLANDER! Because you know he can't think for himself..

Find it funny that everyone on the Matty johns show is saying that cooper cronks return is a massive boost for QLD. WTF?
Turtle is by far the better player.

Jerry1 said:
Snake said:
Cronk is still a better 7 than DCE.
In ya dreams mate.

mmm no...he is.

Moving forward I think DCE will be better, but at this stage of the game, Cronk is much more direct and tidy. He was a huge loss for QLD because he is a steady hand, whereas DCE is more enigmatic.

No he isn't - DCE missed daly m by two points last year - was the Clive Churchill medalist. Runners up medal. Will probably take out thee daly m this year and will be in the GF. Cronk is on the way out. Had his day. A has been.

Jerry1 said:
No he isn't - DCE missed daly m by two points last year - was the Clive Churchill medalist. Runners up medal. Will probably take out thee daly m this year and will be in the GF. Cronk is on the way out. Had his day. A has been.

agree to disagree.

If they were both off contract tomorrow, I would sign DCE (younger and the world at his feet), but at this stage Cronk is fully developed and an absolute professional.

DCE has been disappointing in his two SOO performances this year, and can certainly take his game to another level. Exciting times ahead for us Manly fans.

I wouldn't pick Cronk infront of DCE. However if I already had a team where most of the guys had been together for 10 years and I had to win a one off game I would go with the combinations. That's the only reason why Cronk might look better at Origin.

As for DCE disappointing games, I think everyone was disappointing in Origin 2. Arguably one of the worst games of origin ever. He was OK in origin 1, just not on the same page with his teammates yet.

For mine, the reason Cherry looked disappointing in Game 2 was because Qld obviously went in with instructions that Thurston and Smith were the play makers. Cherry basically played the role of a passer and kicker and the Maroon's game plan didn't seem to allow him to do what we so often see when he plays for Manly.

Ok, considering they have led the Maroons for so long I can understand that, but when Cherry took matters into his own hands just before half time it was only some desperate scrambling defence by NSW that stopped him scoring. If Cherry had been allowed a free hand to do more of that the outcome might have been different and Wednesday night's game might have been a decider instead of a dead rubber.

In saying that, I do tend to agree with @Masked Eagle though. I'm pretty sure Cronk has been rushed back in because he has a more established combination with Thurston and the rest of the Maroon regulars than Cherry has right now.

I want to respond:

Gay nicknames? Let me see....well there's Stevo for starters, then....

But Stevo seems cranky so I wont even try that joke on.

Lets just cut him loose and sign Ben Hunt

Stevo said:
Lets just cut him loose and sign Ben Hunt

Yeah, I'm sick of all the gay nicknames i have to deal with.

wFHfCZx.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4