DCE for SOO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
Don't know whether Cronk will be suspended, but if so, DCE would hugely benefit from playing.

Sure, he has made a few errors lately, but still a fave in my book.

Meninga wants him on the bench so he must rate him. If Cronks out he'd be a special.
Meninga said when Daly was playing for Sunshine Coast that he was going to play Origin.

Our Voodoo has worked :p

Although the Media are already downplaying the spear tackle :mad:

DCE will learn from just being in Camp - but I hope he gets to wear the 7 :angel:

Here's the fundamental problem with our judiciary system.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/smith-backs-cronk-to-escape-sanction-236810

The media, and Cronk's teammates, seeking to influence the grading of the tackle based on Cronk's "clean record". This is ludicrous. It defies logic.

The ONLY time a player's record should be taken into account is in the loading applied to any guilty plea/verdict.

It should NEVER be taken into account in deciding whether to send off, whether to grade, or what grading. Those decisions should be based SOLELY on the FACTS of the particular instance.

However, in reality, especially with SOO1, who could believe that Cronk will be dispassionately and unbiasedly graded based on the actual facts of the case? If it was say Matai (or now Faaoso) we all know exactly what the media would be screaming for in terms of grading for an identical tackle. And we all would know what to expect.

There was nothing in it, the same as one of Fa'aoso's spears that he got 3 weeks for.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Have to agree with the sentiment.

Inu's was bad. GI landed flush on his head.
Richie's first one was nothing. The second was worse.

But if Richie's first one was a Grade 2, then how can Cronk's be a "penalty sufficient" ?

I don't care if they let him off but how about a little consistency ? You wonder why fans go off and think certain players are koalas ?

He'd get a week at any other time of the year, in this instance he won't be charged.

I think DCE playing Origin would be bad for us right now. He hasn't been amazing with the ball in hand of late (good long kicks and good defence but not much to offer in attack), and I think a bad game for QLD would really damage his confidence.

Plus, I want NSW to win and I don't like seeing Manly players in a beaten team.

It didn't look too bad to me. Not much worse than one where Lyon was charged a few years ago, which he challenged and then was cleared to play origin (2007?).

eaglebuzz said:
I think DCE playing Origin would be bad for us right now. He hasn't been amazing with the ball in hand of late (good long kicks and good defence but not much to offer in attack), and I think a bad game for QLD would really damage his confidence.

Plus, I want NSW to win and I don't like seeing Manly players in a beaten team.

What games have you been watching? He has been on fire and consistently in our top 5 performers on the field. The work he did with the ball in hand for Lyon's try on Saturday was a prime example, that was just like watching Joey Johns

Dream Team Lone Scout is reporting DCE is already on a plane headed for QLD ahead of the team announcement.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4