DCE Foz

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/if-dce-is-a-1m-man-what-about-foran-14348/

The article postulates that if DCE is worth a million a season what is Foz worth?

Can we keep both?

• 👍
Reactions: ads
If we can only keep one, than I hope to god it's Foran. He is so tough, a future captain of the club, and a real "Manly" type.

I also think he executes better than DCE on set plays, and that's really the way the game is heading, with so much structure. DCE has a superior long kicking game, but I think Foz has more points in him, and is a better defender.

Snake said:
If we can only keep one, than I hope to god it's Foran. He is so tough, a future captain of the club, and a real "Manly" type.

I also think he executes better than DCE on set plays, and that's really the way the game is heading, with so much structure. DCE has a superior long kicking game, but I think Foz has more points in him, and is a better defender.

G'day all,Arguable about being a better defender,Daly has plenty of traffic sent his way and doesn't miss to many.Keiran might stand out more as he is capable of a bigger hit but overall I would say they both are pretty solid.As far as attack goes they may have different styles but they complement each other which makes them such a danger to other sides.I think that Daly also has that off the cuff,less structured play or x factor in attack that sometimes is needed to challenge the defensive line of the better sides.Either way they are a great combination and you would hope we could retain both of them and I wouldn't want to have to choose one over the other.
cheers mike

If we have to choose between one or the other then we should be doing so on the basis of which one we can replace most effectively.

In other words, Foz may be better than DCE, but finding a replacement half back may be more difficult than a 5/8th where we could initially slot Lyon into and move Hiku to Centre.

I don't know the answer, but that is the approach I would think the club would take.

The great thing is they complement each other so well. Foz is quite structured and I think a lot better at closing out a game, whereas DCE is brilliant and a bit more off the cuff. He can do the 40/20s and will chance his arm a lot more.....sometimes this isn't good!

They are both just so pivotal to our success, but I agree with the comment about who is harder to replace. And they are both b****y hard to replace, but I don't think there are too many halves with the skill and flair of DCE. This is not to anyway denigrate Foran, he is a super player, and I think will go down in the Sea Eagles history books as one of our all time greats (I think he will be rated top 5 all time Sea Eagles), but Killer or someone could slot more easily into that role (although this is far from ideal).

We can and should make sure we sign both. This will be possible if we avoid back-ending second rowers with $900k+ in the future.

bones said:
Hope to keep both but if I had to chose only one, I'd keep Foran.

Ditto for me.

Ideally we have both longterm.

For the sake of the question, I'd keep Foz.

A future skipper who reminds me of Tooves for toughness and 100% energy and action.

I think he's got a fair bit of improvement in him, too.

(Chez is pretty special though!)

One has captained his country, it's quite feasible the other will captain his state and maybe one day his country. Killer's (in Kingy's absences) shoes will be hard to fill but these two have the maturity to lead the greatest rugby league team in the world which I'm sure they would both like to hang around to get a shot at.:cool:

I wouldn't like to choose between the two, and enormous gratitude to Perry and team if they can keep these guys, who obviously enjoy playing together, together.

And if they like rings they'll hang around.:p

I do think the whole Salary Cap structure needs to be tweaked. I get that we don't want rich clubs buying premierships - especially 'cause we're not rich (Mr Kaspersky?). Having said that, it is absurd that the structure threatens the possibility of a club keeping two brilliant players who they've talent spotted and nurtured into what they are today. Ridiculous. There should be an investigation.

Nobody is going anywhere !

These two boys plus Ferris, are all from the same NYC Family and are a package deal :angel:

And so it is written :sleepy:

p.s. http://www.ourfootyteam.com/nswrl_junior-leagues_manlywarringah.php Great link to our Junior's History

2008 Toyota Cup:
Sea Eagles Toyota Cup Team

Rhys Wolloghan, Trent Reilly, Mark Page, Matt Grieve, John Grey, Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans,Jamie Buhrer, Inoke Tapaatoutai, Ilija Radan (c), Darcy Lussick, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Kenny Edward

Interchange: Jai Jones-Wiegold, Zac Bowles, Cameron Woo, James Cunningham, Brad Bennett, Bodie O'Connell

Coach: David Penna
724698-kieran-foran-and-daly-cherry-evans.jpg

Buzzkill is the one who had a whole article on this bleeding obvious contract situation.

I agree with the last post.

If the NRL are going to personally intervene to get SBW at the Roosters and pander to other so called super starts, they really should help the clubs retain players where that club has invested in a player from the time he is a junior.

I cant split them, they have wonderful qualities, I just hope we keep them both.

HappilyManly said:
Nobody is going anywhere !

These two boys plus Ferris, are all from the same NYC Family and are a package deal :angel:

And so it is written :sleepy:

p.s. http://www.ourfootyteam.com/nswrl_junior-leagues_manlywarringah.php Great link to our Junior's History

2008 Toyota Cup:
Sea Eagles Toyota Cup Team

Rhys Wolloghan, Trent Reilly, Mark Page, Matt Grieve, John Grey, Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans,Jamie Buhrer, Inoke Tapaatoutai, Ilija Radan (c), Darcy Lussick, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Kenny Edward

Interchange: Jai Jones-Wiegold, Zac Bowles, Cameron Woo, James Cunningham, Brad Bennett, Bodie O'Connell

Coach: David Penna
724698-kieran-foran-and-daly-cherry-evans.jpg

Buzzkill is the one who had a whole article on this bleeding obvious contract situation.

Ah ok..... That must be why JWH and Darcy Lussick never left :s

Those 2 placed monies above earning their place in first grade at Manly.

2011 GF bonded Sid,Foz and Ferris along with all three finding lovely partners here and begeting little girls to cheer them on :angel:

Anyone reckon we may lose one of them? Both will require lots of money.

Think Des may make another play for Foz?

dowdz said:
Anyone reckon we may lose one of them? Both will require lots of money.

Think Des may make another play for Foz?

Not if he gets Kurtley Beale.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8