DCE ON NRL360

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
I tweeted a question to DCE this arvo

@berkeley_eagle
@FOXNRL #AskDCE would an offer of the co-captaincy help you extend beyond 2015 at Manly #FozandChez

DCE
It's something that I've never spoken about publicly but now that you're asking - yes I would like to captain the side, and if that was offered it would help in terms of bargain power to keep me at the club.

@stifflers_mum_9
#gomanly #AskDCE

Have you or your manager approached/been approached by the Broncos?

DCE
No, no I've had no interaction other than with my general friends at the Broncos. There's been no contract negotiations.

I met you and Mackay and want to thank you for chatting to me.Would you like to Captain Manly in the future and can you beat the sides above you ?
Kaylene James
Aug 21, 2013

DCE
We're definitely confident we can beat those sides. We've been in all those games against the top sides and we believe we can do the job whenit counts. Finals are a different ball game.

#askDCE - Chez do you think you will be or would you like to be a one club man? if not, who else would you most want to play for?
Lauzz

DCE
I would like to be a one club player, but I'm definitely not blind to the fact that with so many good players at the club there might be a time when there's a cap squeeze, which may make it an unrealistic goal. I'd like to see some more flexibility in the salary cap so that one or two players could be kept by clubs, using finances from outside the cap.

Nice work BE. DCW and Foz would be great co captains.

Hope he stays a one man club.

Daly, Congrats on your first series win with QLD! I was shocked when Mal introduced you into Game 2 when we were under the pump, you proved me wrong, you made some massive one on one tackles. Glad QLD has such depth to continue legacy!
BIG O

DCE
There's no secret it goes up a couple of notches compared with an NRL game. There was no surprises there. It's great being part of the week, and it definitely makes it at much special when you get the result.

Which league player past or current do you most look up to?
Benno

DCE

I guess in the past it was Andrew Johns - I really enjoyed the way he played the game. He was a complete player. I'm one of the luckiest halfs in the NRL - I get to work with the Team of the Century halfback and an Immortal.

What is your stance on staying down to milk a penalty?
Benno

DCE
Our coach said we can do it so I won't feel bad if I have to do it. I'd be happy to see the NRL do something to stamp it up but at the same time, you can see why players do it - if there's a premiership on the line, there's not a player out there who could say they wouldn't do it.

Hey cherry how's it like playing with Foran ?

Leyla

DCE
I love playing next to Kieran - he's a big part of why I play with Manly and a big part of why I want to play at Manly, because of our friendship on and off the field. We've been fortunate to play next to each other in Toyota Cup and then we came into first grade together, so I'd like to think we know each other's game pretty well. That definitely helps and it's great to run out with Foran every week.

MANLY star Daly Cherry-Evans has admitted the lure of leadership could keep him at the Sea Eagles beyond his current contract, which finishes at the end of next season.
Speaking on a foxsports.com.au live blog on Wednesday afternoon, Cherry-Evans admitted cap pressure on his star-studded team could prevent him from finishing his career a one club player but said captaincy could play a big part in keeping him on Sydney's northern beaches.
"It's something that I've never spoken about publicly but now that you're asking - yes I would like to captain the side, and if that was offered it would help in terms of bargain power to keep me at the club," Cherry-Evans said.
Speaking candidly on a wide range of issues, Cherry-Evans advocated a salary cap with increased flexibility, allowing "one or two big star players" to fill marquee spots on the roster and be paid outside the cap.
The star halfback also threw fuel on the diving debate in the wake of Manly coach Geoff Toovey's extraordinary attack on NRL players staying down after contact to the head.
In the post-match press conference following the Sea Eagles' loss to South Sydney last Friday night, Toovey said he would now give permission for his players to stay down to milk penalties.
When questioned on his stance on diving, Cherry-Evans cheekily responded: "Our coach said we can do it so I won't feel bad if I have to do it.
"I'd be happy to see the NRL do something to stamp it up but at the same time, you can see why players do it - if there's a premiership on the line, there's not a player out there who could say they
- See more at: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/nrl-360-chat-manly-sea-eagles-star-daly-cherry-evans-admits-captaincy-could-sway-him-to-stay/story-fn2mcuj6-1226701293803#sthash.JueLlZ1G.dpuf

I just really hope we don't stoop the lowlife level of Souths, Dogs and start the diving and faking injuries. It will sicken me to see us do that. We are a proud club and that sort of garbage is beneath us.

Maybe I'm just reading his tone wrong here, but the whole " yes I would like to captain the side, and if that was offered it would help in terms of bargain power to keep me at the club" line makes him seem like a bit of a d**khead, IMO.

No problem with saying you'd like to be the captain but the added bit about helping to keep him at the club was unnecessary. Not to mention the line about cap flexibility. Keep that stuff in-house.

Wolfpack said:
Maybe I'm just reading his tone wrong here, but the whole " yes I would like to captain the side, and if that was offered it would help in terms of bargain power to keep me at the club" line makes him seem like a bit of a d**khead, IMO.

No problem with saying you'd like to be the captain but the added bit about helping to keep him at the club was unnecessary. Not to mention the line about cap flexibility. Keep that stuff in-house.

It comes across to me just like many of his answers. Matter of fact.

Your d**ckhead insult however.

Wolfpack said:

I would hate to see DCE playing for the broncs. I hope he stays long term but I don't think Manly should send themselves broke retaining him if he wants to chase money. We fought for his signature already.
I like they guy but all this money talk with the young players today sh*ts me.
Seems like a good bloke and I hope he looks at his premiership ring a few times over the next couple of years and remembers how he got it.

Jatz Crackers said:
Wolfpack said:

Just saying how it seemed to me when I read it. I haven't seen the interview so there's probably something getting lost in translation there but in print it just didn't seem like the smartest thing to say.

I tend to believe that there's a pretty limited set of situations when players should be talking about money/cap situations & DCE definitely doesn't fall into one of them.

Wolfpack said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Wolfpack said:

Just saying how it seemed to me when I read it. I haven't seen the interview so there's probably something getting lost in translation there but in print it just didn't seem like the smartest thing to say.

I tend to believe that there's a pretty limited set of situations when players should be talking about money/cap situations & DCE definitely doesn't fall into one of them.

You may be right if DCE was the one who raised the topic Wolfpack, but it was actually a question that was put to him. Was he meant to say 'no I don't want the captaincy, and if they offered it to me I'd leave' ?
Berkeley Eagle asked him the question, so he is the dickhead, not DCE. :p

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/brisbane-broncos-to-pounce-on-tensions-between-daly-cherry-evans-and-manlys-stewart-brothers/story-fndv31ch-1226701583923

I heard about this suspposed rift about three weeks ago.. Didn't think there was much to it, but I kept an eye on the dynamic between the three of them, and it seems as healthy as ever on field... Who knows where they get there stories from.. I suspect player agents are planting stories in papers.. There really should be an ethics inquest into those parasites.

Still, I really hope there is nothing to this.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
It's settled then. Bad luck, BE.

Bahahahahah, yup sorry BE!

joeboy said:
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/brisbane-broncos-to-pounce-on-tensions-between-daly-cherry-evans-and-manlys-stewart-brothers/story-fndv31ch-1226701583923

I heard about this suspposed rift about three weeks ago.. Didn't think there was much to it, but I kept an eye on the dynamic between the three of them, and it seems as healthy as ever on field... Who knows where they get there stories from.. I suspect player agents are planting stories in papers.. There really should be an ethics inquest into those parasites.

Still, I really hope there is nothing to this.

Well didn't stop there being a thread created on here about it.

A brisso 'journo' who woulda thought?

bones said:
Wolfpack said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Wolfpack said:

You may be right if DCE was the one who raised the topic Wolfpack, but it was actually a question that was put to him. Was he meant to say 'no I don't want the captaincy, and if they offered it to me I'd leave' ?
Oh dear lol

I actually see leadership qualities in the kid along with Foran
He could have also said I am happy just to be playing for manly and I will assess any contract when it's put to me
Over to u Mr Perry

bones said:
Wolfpack said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Wolfpack said:

I thought we'd already established that about BE? Haha.

To clarify, I had no issues with DCE saying that he'd like to be captain - who wouldn't? But the bit about it being a bargaining chip irked me.

Don't think he'll sign any contract until he's got a chance to receive offers from all interested teams, doesn't make sense for him to extend now. The Daily Terror are going to have a field day with it, I'm sure.

Money talks BS walks. DCE will go where the bucks are. In the salary cap era you cant spend too much on 1 player. It will kill the rest of the team. look at the cowboys and all the money they spend on Thurston no premiership yet.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4