DCE or Foran - Who has been more honest?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

who has been more honest in their dealings and desire to play for Manly over the past 6 months

• DCE

Votes: 44 58.7%
  • Foran

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • both selfish and self serving

Votes: 30 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XV-1

First Grader
Personally I have felt DCE actually wanted to stay for quite some time, however Manly's new management put most of their focus and favouritism into Foran at the expense of DCE.

Would have been the right thing to do if Foran had told mgt 3 months ago he was signed with Parra, but was now having 2nd thoughts.

For me DCE has been a lot more open and honest, but badly managed.

If DCE continues his good form and gets on well with all day of his team mates, perhaps he will change his mind and come back to Manly before round 13. I doubt it thou.

Although I don't agree with it as a biased one eyed Manly fan who would prefer all the players to want to play for Manly for free, DCE was always after the money and didn't try to paint it any other way.

Cherry looked quite swept up in the emotion of Saturday night, I like to think foran got an attack of the guilts when he saw the heart on display from the 17 who did play...

Hard one, I oscillate between them both. I'm pissed off at losing both of them, the circumstances are incidental at the end of the day.

Dce could take us further by himself than foran, but foran seemed to used to "get" manly.

It's all just conjecture, who did what when and why, ..and because of whom.

I just want the club to pipe up. Address us. Tell us we're we are heading.

DCE was honest - $
FOZ was honest - $ (oops)

Neither handled it well, lessons to learn for all the players in "marquee" land. You will be watched, reviewed and judged.

Although I don't agree with it as a biased one eyed Manly fan who would prefer all the players to want to play for Manly for free, DCE was always after the money and didn't try to paint it any other way.
ergo, DCE was more honest

edit: unless that was your point lol

Absolutely DCE. I am still blown away that he is leaving. His wife is from the northern beaches and they just bought a place in curl curl. Surely he and manly could come to some agreement. If he was that keen on the dosh which he is then couldn't we have sat down with him or sit down with him tomorrow and just say look we can't afford what the coast are paying but how close do we have to get for u to sign.

DCE was more open - not sure about honesty though. Orr's involvement though made it more of an all out **** storm but if we put out a deal he wasn't happy with then it is what it is. $.

Foz was just skeevy the whole way through. Dishonest AND undermining the rest of the team. And bitching and moaning.

I guess it's less relevant who was more honest and a better question is who's rep takes a bigger hit?

Maybe if the Gold Coast keep losing 40-0 he'll have second thoughts....

He looked Andrew Johns like on Saturday night in the first half. Amazing balance. Had the bounce back in his legs we havent seen since the injuries mid last year on his legs. Could be in for a massive year.

Chez actively shopped around after being bullied by Choc last year and having the Joker tear up the previous offer.

Foz for some reason could not accept Gifty being released, could not live without Dalai and could not own up to wanting out of Manly.

They both benefited more by the indecision of Foz. They both cost Manly dearly in Membership/Membetship revenue.
The 10k crowd for a Saturday Scumos game was 50% down from past years.

An expensive lesson for Management for negotiations in the future.

Last edited:
Both players were in a no win situation to be honest.

Stay and some players might think their current or future contract is or will be less due to the amount spent on the halves especially senior players.

Stay and in some quarters seen as the reason we could not keep G.Stewart or Watmough or Kite.

Stay and the amount tied up in halves is blamed for a lack of forward depth.

Leave and some people will see them as traitors.

Leave and some people will say why didn't you tell us earlier so we could have retained G.Stewart, Watmough, Kite or the other half.

None of us know all the reasons why both left, I don't think it was all about the money but do agree they did string it along way too long not respecting the club.

Easy for us fans to say "why not leave it till the end of the current season"(which is what I would have preferred)----- I guess other teams want to plan ahead in the same way Manly would like to plan ahead----some deals might not last till the end of the season so the pressure is on to sign sign sign even before your head is really ready to do so.

Killed my enjoyment and enthusiasm for this year and it appears the low crowd against the Storm on a clear Saturday is evidence there are many others feeling the same way.

Water under the bridge - move along people - new exciting chapter rebuilding ahead.
Couple of years & we'll be squashing the faces into the mud whilst putting 50 on them.

:swear: em hey.

I think Foran came to terms with Parramatta at the end of last season and has been playing everyone for fools.

The mitigating factor in DCE going to the Coast is the NRL bailout. If that hadn't have happened and Foran announced his defection then DCE would be staying at Manly with Foran money.

So my answer is Foran.

ALL THE DICKHEADS SAYING DCE CANT PLAY ARE DICKHEADS. I ALWAYS SAID I LIKED FOZ MORE AS A PLAYER BUT TO KEEP ONE IT HAD YO BE SID. HALFBACKS LIKE HIM DONT COME ALONG OFTEN. GET THOSE CAPS INTO YA! Sign elgly. Don't sign carney for more than three hunj. Sign joey pus sick.

ALL THE DICKHEADS SAYING DCE CANT PLAY ARE DICKHEADS. I ALWAYS SAID I LIKED FOZ MORE AS A PLAYER BUT TO KEEP ONE IT HAD YO BE SID. HALFBACKS LIKE HIM DONT COME ALONG OFTEN. GET THOSE CAPS INTO YA! Sign elgly. Don't sign carney for more than three hunj. Sign joey pus sick.

Is Joey pus sick any good ?

I think Foran came to terms with Parramatta at the end of last season and has been playing everyone for fools.

The mitigating factor in DCE going to the Coast is the NRL bailout. If that hadn't have happened and Foran announced his defection then DCE would be staying at Manly with Foran money.

So my answer is Foran.
So Foz delayed it to make sure DCE was gone before announcing he was gone. Sinking the boot in - surely not.

Cherry. Foran hasn't really cared although dce has copped more stick cod he's been in the media much more.
Gonna have to make a few good signings to continue our winning ways.
1 Stewart (vc)
2 Taufua / T.Trbojevic
3 Lyon (c)
4 Matai
5 Hiku
6 K.Elgey
7 Hodkinson
8 Klemmer / Tamou
9 Ballin
10 Lawrence
11 Lui
12 R.James (if not Alex Glenn / Thaiday / Brown )
13 Mateo

14 Sene-Lefao
15 Symonds
16 J.Trbojevic
17 Buhrer
Reserves:
T.Trbojevic, Starling, Hodges, L.Burgess, Gutherson, Littlejohn, Aldridge, Mason, Williams

Dunno what happened to J Horo, started every game last year played great, apparently Rabbitohs are after him as well...

Horo was sub ordinary last year.

Maybe they're working on his desire, which is why he isn't playing. Get him champing at the bit. Desire was what he was missing last year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6