DCE.....simply cannot leave.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
If ever there was a game that showed his importance it was tonight. Many of us (me included), gave him Man of the Match based on about a 10min period that completely turned the game on its head.

He and Foz are quite simply the best halves combination in the NRL, Forans toughness and direct running and then of course DCE's brilliance and ability to do what he did tonight.

The other amazing thing, which Gus pointed out (about 125 times on the Ch 9 coverage) was that he did it basically on 1 leg. That's why he is so valuable. Tell me which other players who could do this? And could do this at about 50-60%? In terms of halves I don't know if any of them could do this....Thurston?? Maybe. Perhaps in the fullback position, Hayne or Inglis??

Well done DCE. Top class.

No doubt, spend the money on DCE and work out the sums later

EagleFromMay1967 said:
DCE simply . . . cannot let his leg get any worse. And then there's his hip on the other side. Sincerely hope he fails his SOO Fitness test.

Agree with that. And he's tough as. So when he went down and was clearly in pain you knew it was serious.

DCE most certainly did change the game and it is this kind of performance where you stand up and applaud.

I rate the small touches of class and some of his kicks in this game with limited playing time and on one leg higher than most of what he did against an under-performing Canberra team.

Rating what he did against Canberra and saying he is the best half back in the game ahead of Cronk was what really annoyed me most.

Taking the right options, playing straight and remaining composed under pressure is what will bring him up to and surpass Cronk.

Great tough classy effort from DCE today we would not have won or at the very least got caught up in a serious grind without his game changing impact.

when is dce signed to? I mean when does his contract expire,we must re-sign him , he is the future of our club.

We should keep him at any cost.........forwards anything, just clone the guy and put 13 of him out there

chrisos said:
when is dce signed to? I mean when does his contract expire,we must re-sign him , he is the future of our club.

Cherry is signed to the end of 2015. Let's hope he's re-signed sooner rather than later for whatever it takes!

Throw the bank at him, buy him a yacht, buy him a mansion on the peninsula just make sure we keep him in Manly colours!!!

He has his kicking game back and was good with his running game on a very slow track. He was the dominant half tonight.

So much more to look forward too when he is fully fit

If anyone wants to put any blame on DCE for losing veterans like Gifty because of the money the club wants to spend on keeping him, tonight in 15 minutes and basically on one leg he showed why he is seen as vital to the clubs on-going success over the next 5-10 years.

Now that we have other young players like Peta and Jorge locked in, the clubs number 1 priority should be retaining DCE and Foz beyond their current contracts. They are the best halves combination in rugby league, and that includes Cronk and Thurston when they've teamed with so much success for Qld and Australia.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2