DCE talking to refs.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
It was mentioned in the game day thread about how he spoke to badger at one stage. And I thought it was tip top. He was respectful, yet made his point, and above all I felt the ref listened to him. He wasn't aggressive and without giving cam smith credit.....he was very much in that calm mould.

The one thing I felt with killer towards the end of his career was that the refs just wouldn't listen to him and to be fair he did at times come off as whinging at them. This is DCEs chance to be respected by the refs and so far he is doing the job well.

Anyone got a link to the clip or can summarise what he actually said? I was watching it in a pub so I couldn't hear a thing.

In my mind DCE was saying something like:

"Hey dickhead, the penalty count is 7-1 and now you're telling us to cut out giving away penalties. But here's the thing... you're the one with the whistle and Souths have been lying all over us all game and square at marker maybe three times the entire match. How about you start reffing both teams? You're an embarrassment to your profession and pretty much everything you clowns do stinks to high heaven of match fixing."

Anyone got a link to the clip or can summarise what he actually said? I was watching it in a pub so I couldn't hear a thing.

In my mind DCE was saying something like:

"Hey dickhead, the penalty count is 7-1 and now you're telling us to cut out giving away penalties. But here's the thing... you're the one with the whistle and Souths have been lying all over us all game and square at marker maybe three times the entire match. How about you start reffing both teams? You're an embarrassment to your profession and pretty much everything you clowns do stinks to high heaven of match fixing."

Close enough.

Basically DCE said he needs to cut Manly some slack, because we weren't doing anything different, but Badge was penalising us more.

DCE was very diplomatic in his approach

Totally agree OP. I think it works a lot better than Killer's approach which was the old school approach before ref's got all sensitive.

Nice job DCE.

He's becoming s great captain imo. Calm measured respectful however will address issues as they arise. He is certainly taking the cam smith approach which in my view is the best approach to have as a captain.

I was hoping he would drop the killer line " it feels like your trying to let them back in the game"
But in retrospect I'm glad he didn't, f**k badger was a real c**t in the second half, and I don't usually agree with the bias ref towards Manly BS that gets spewed on here week in week out

The thing about what he said was that it was measured and calm but still with that little bit of emotion, but he didn't let the emotion over rule his head and have him go off at the ref. There was no accusations from him, which is always good, with just a hint of 'come on give us a go'.

I think the refs are starting to buy into it as well now. The first few weeks was the respect of old for a manly captain, now they appear to be willing to listen.

I can honestly say two things about DCE when he is playing like this:-
1) What an outstanding young man
2) Not only has he thrown egg on my face. He's opened the carton, and threw the whole bloody box at me !

Thank God for the backflip. Like I said in another thread. If you look at a halves PAIRING - the way things are, we may have one of the cheaper two.

Not such a bad contract for Bozo after a lot (including me) ripped him for it.

I heard him say something along the lines of - 'give us some latitude as we have no changed our defense since the first half'

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4