DCE up on the Gold Coast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Cherry on the Goldy

Daly Cherry-Evans is making a secret second visit to the Gold Coast this weekend as the Titans become the new favourites to sign the Manly superstar.

The mail for months is that DCE and his partner didn’t want to leave Sydney, but the Titans have put an offer to the pair they are finding hard to refuse.

So much so that after a trip to the holiday coast a few weeks back, they are heading back up there this weekend - on the quiet.

With its superb lifestyle and cheaper cost of living than Sydney, the Gold Coast can offer DCE and his young family plenty of positives.

And the Titans are putting together a marquee package that the classy halfback will find hard to knock back.

This weekend could make or break the deal as the Titans put their best offer - watch this space.

More manager leaking b/s.

Orr is a menace. How does the nrl allow this to happen.

I wonder if they would consider Gutherson as a halves replacement, or if he'd be up to it? He seems to have a neat little kicking game...

Will gold coast even be in the competition in three years time? They are a basket case with no supporters

Who would want to be coached by Henry who couldn't win anything with the top line up he had at the cowboys.

id be calling the cowboys and warriors too if i were him. quick few free weekends away from Sydney for the family in penthouse apartments being pampered with all sorts to impress you. Manager and his family in the suite next door too i bet... "room service... lobster please"
Managers have dragged it on too long now with their leaks (lets face it manly have no benefit in leaking the info (i think the club have handled it really well so far, their offer is in, they aren't constantly referring to it), titans certainly wouldnt be risking leaking it... so leaves one obvious person with the media connections to open their mouth)

All the showboating has already started 'damaging' the brand which any smart player should be aware of. Squeaky clean young humble kid / future star everyone loved (while we all know he's a great talent, still has a way to go before scoring legend status) starts beginning to look like greedy money chasing and overrated in the eyes of many, especially when figures being thrown about are used more and more. You start seeing people not wanting him at their club because the figures are ridiculous, in a 'team sport'.

While yes he will become a million dollar man, i think its too early in his career to be "demanding" that just yet. Love the guy and really hope he stays, but a massive $$ contract now places unheralded amounts of pressure on his shoulders that could've been avoided by not being paraded around by a greedy manager. That pressure can carry across a team where it is most clear what the gap is in wages. Stays, or goes... and doesn't perform week in week out like a million dollar player, then its a hard place to rise back from, and no mattresses full of money or 80k sponsor SUVs can make up for that when fans who earn less in a year than you do in 80 minutes of football start turning on you from the hill or even players in your own shed get questioning your worth.

a little less worrying about their own pockets, and worrying more about their clients wouldnt go astray from these player managers.

I agree with supernintindo. Cherry is good at manly with our superstars around him. But he isnt anywhere near thurstan in controlling and winning a game almost on hes own.

I agree with supernintindo. Cherry is good at manly with our superstars around him. But he isnt anywhere near thurstan in controlling and winning a game almost on hes own.

His inexperience has shown in the tight games where there have been clear opportunities to put the nail in the coffin and his decision making has left a bit to be desired. Obviously someone of his age and quick rise, this is totally to be expected of too, while we'd all like him to nail it every time its part of the learning. He is very lucky to have had quality all around him all first grade career to date and people to step up on an off day. When you are commanding the type of dollars being talked about, those off days become expected to not happen and you can't pass the buck onto anyone else. Thurston / Cronk yes, any day of the week, they've proven they are game breakers... DCE, not yet. In a few years time we'll really know if he will jump into that superstar / million dollar class. I think he will get to that point, but i think it's a bit too much to be expecting / wearing that pressure that it appears the manager is putting on at this stage. We don't know the ins and outs of what he wants.. and what the managers are playing up for, so ill give him the benefit of the doubt until i hear otherwise from his mouth. This next contract should be the one that sets him up to then go for the massive one in 3-4 years time.. it shouldn't be the massive one just yet.
Fast disappearing are the "if you build it they will come" kind of people, fast coming along are the "slab laying has begun, buy your everything else now!" types. Dog Eat Dog kinda world and its no surprise were' seeing alot of player welfare issues coming to light moreso than years gone by.

take the money side out of things, cause i agree, but i feel DCE IS manly's gamebraker. Snake and Lyon won't be around forever. Did he take some poor options last year..yep agree, however he has been enormous for Manly since 2011. I think whatever was going down in 2014 didn't help....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6