dce wins all the awards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
DCE won the couier mail player of the year award and colt of the year award and ran second in the other major award judged by the coaches.

in the article it says he is the most hyped player since INGLIS won it a few years ago.

looks like there is no pressure on the kid.......

susan link said:
DCE won the couier mail player of the year award and colt of the year award and ran second in the other major award judged by the coaches.

in the article it says he is the most hyped player since INGLIS won it a few years ago.

lets hope we keep him, i`d hate if we went through the same thing next yr like we did this yr, contract negotiations right in the middle part of the comp disrupted every thing for us..

jjai link said:
[quote author=susan link=topic=185332.msg294623#msg294623 date=1284437141]

lets hope we keep him, i`d hate if we went through the same thing next yr like we did this yr, contract negotiations right in the middle part of the comp disrupted every thing for us..
[/quote]
Manly has signed him for next 3 yrs

swoop link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=185332.msg294628#msg294628 date=1284437949]

[/quote]
[/quote]yeah i read that somewhere, but i dont believe it  HOW DID THEY FIND A PEN`..have the club just said he is going to sign or has he signed, we been getting alot of he is going to sign with us` .. only to find out 2months later they still havent put pen to paper.. if its confirmed well  hooray  atleast none can poach him for next 2 season

Put it to you this way if he doesnt live up to expectations we will be ****ed for a few years to come

he's a good kid Wheel, a real step above the rest of the QRL players.

That is of course well below the NRL standard so we'll see.

The one thing that seems to have happened is that when I first saw him at the start of the year (ABC TV not live)...he looked a little "light"...and I saw a photo of him just recently and he seemed to have bulked up a little.

Also at 21 he'd have more maturity....I am SURE this is why the colub didn't pay overs for Dogkinson.

The only thing that concerns me is that TH was considered a better option than DCE this year. If he has improved so much at the SCSE's why didn't Dessie give him a go, because TH wasn't exactly setting the world on fire in the back half of the year.

Anyway all this does is ramp up the pressure on the young fella. Let's hope he isn't another Aaron Groome or Luke Dorn.  

I'll trust the judgements of Des, Crusher, Tooves and the rest that they have kept the right option for halfback for next year. Season 2011 will tell which was the right decision. Hodko did lead the SSCSE to a premiership whereas DCE didnt but that's no proof that he is or will be a better option for us. I just dont think Hodkinson suited Manly. We need a halfback who is gona give us leadership and take charge of the match like Ox did. Foran needs to be free to play off the top of his head and DCE can take the directional plays, set plays and kicking duties. I'm confidant it's going to work a lot better for us next year.

At least DCE & Foran had a great partnership going in Toyota Cup. Hopefully that counts for something next year....... We shall see!
Mind you, the forward need to be going forward before the backs can do their thing......

jjai link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=185332.msg294630#msg294630 date=1284438048]
[quote author=jjai link=topic=185332.msg294628#msg294628 date=1284437949]

[/quote]
[/quote]yeah i read that somewhere, but i dont believe it  HOW DID THEY FIND A PEN`..have the club just said he is going to sign or has he signed, we been getting alot of he is going to sign with us` .. only to find out 2months later they still havent put pen to paper.. if its confirmed well  hooray  atleast none can poach him for next 2 season
[/quote]

The club signed him as soon as they knew that Hodkinson was going to the dogs and before it became common knowledge.

If they had waited until they found a pen it would have been announced that Hodkinson was leaving and DCE's price would have gone up.

anyone who thinks dce will come in and be an instant success as a dominating nrl half in his first couple of years only needs to look at the last 10 years of an nrl that is now played at breakneck speed with multiple interchange which makes it so much harder for the little guys.even the very best like thurston and prince have taken time.just as i havent written off TH as a player at 21,i think we need to give this kid a lot of patience.if he is solid we should be over the moon and if he can do that our fate lies in the hands of Brett Stewart.Without his speed and X factor we are a mid table side like so many others, hoping that our other young guys like hoppa,whare and oldfield will improve and take us to the next level.

for all the ox baggers out there i think you will find history will show that this club would kill for a half who played like him in 07 and 08.dally m medallist wasnt good enough for many on here in 08,so god help these young blokes if they aren't instant superstars which they very rarely will be.give the kid time next year.

Chip & Chase link said:
The only thing that concerns me is that TH was considered a better option than DCE this year. If he has improved so much at the SCSE's why didn't Dessie give him a go, because TH wasn't exactly setting the world on fire in the back half of the year.

Anyway all this does is ramp up the pressure on the young fella. Let's hope he isn't another Aaron Groome or Luke Dorn.  

I could be wrong, but I think Des would have wanted DCE to serve his apprenticeship this year in QLD cup. He was in the 20's the year before, so he probably didn't want to throw him in the deep end. TH served a year in Qld cup last year, so he was obvious first choice.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if DCE gets a lot of bagging next year on him, as we've hyped him up so much and its a lot to expect a first year rookie to meet.

Two or three years down the track though hopefully he can fufill the hype and be the next star.

susan link said:
anyone who thinks dce will come in and be an instant success as a dominating nrl half in his first couple of years only needs to look at the last 10 years of an nrl that is now played at breakneck speed with multiple interchange which makes it so much harder for the little guys.even the very best like thurston and prince have taken time.just as i havent written off TH as a player at 21,i think we need to give this kid a lot of patience.if he is solid we should be over the moon and if he can do that our fate lies in the hands of Brett Stewart.Without his speed and X factor we are a mid table side like so many others, hoping that our other young guys like hoppa,whare and oldfield will improve and take us to the next level.

for all the ox baggers out there i think you will find history will show that this club would kill for a half who played like him in 07 and 08.dally m medallist wasnt good enough for many on here in 08,so god help these young blokes if they aren't instant superstars which they very rarely will be.give the kid time next year.

From what I have seen DCE is pretty nippy across the ground so his speed should be great. He seems to be at his best when he takes on the line, makes a break and has runners backing him up.

This is where a fit Brett Stewart and Wolfman should be good for us

Chip & Chase link said:

TH is 22 or 23 and served an apprenticeship in the  QLD cup and that's the reason Des decided to go for TH.

On the other hand it was a cunning plan that Manly new DCE was better but dangled TH to the dogs to snap up DCE for 3 years.  ;) ;)

If DCE can handle the physical aspect of first grade then i feel he will be a better long term option than TH.

As Sue said dont exect him to take out the next 5 premierships.

With all things rosy we can build a side around Hoppa, DCE, Foran and Ballin/Higgens for 5+ years.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6