DCE won't make a decsion until the end of 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
DALY Cherry-Evans does not want to make a decision on his next contract until it expires at the end of next season.

Cherry-Evans, Manly’s premiership halfback, is considered most likely to remain with the Sea Eagles. But as the most high profile player to come off contract for the 2016 season, he would attract big offers on the open market.

Brisbane have yet to start contract talks with halfback Ben Hunt, who is proving as creative as any NRL playmaker.

Any extensive delay in negotiations would fan speculation that Cherry-Evans is in their sights.

Both Cherry-Evans and Hunt, who also ends his deal at the end of next year, would be permitted under NRL rules to begin talks with other clubs on November 1.

Asked when he wanted to start thinking about his next contract, Cherry-Evans told The Courier-Mail: “The end of 2015”.

Clubs like as much notice as possible when retaining or recruiting key players but would tread carefully when trying to hurry such a valuable commodity towards a decision.

Cherry-Evans is a hard marker of his own performances and was critical of his part at No. 7 in Queensland’s Game Two loss to NSW without scoring a try.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/daly-cherry-evans-wont-make-a-decision-about-his-future-until-the-end-of-2015/story-fni3gnk1-1226974166413

The Wheel said:
The decision will be made long before the end of 2015

One would think that by saying no decision until after the end of 2015 that really hurts the other teams chances of signing him. Are other teams going to have 1 mill+ just sitting there when their team start pre season training?

I think he is just sick of answering the same question all the time, so now will just keep giving a stock answer. No doubt negotiations are going on, hopefully Manly will sign him long term.

Roger said:
I think he is just sick of answering the same question all the time, so now will just keep giving a stock answer. No doubt negotiations are going on, hopefully Manly will sign him long term.

No doubt he would be sick of it. Should just re sign now and be done with it all. :p

bones said:
I thought it was Sid?

Oh boy, this issue has really grown legs...lol!

Perhaps Beaver or TRed could bloody well ask Daly what he prefers; and we can all be done with it.

And I agree : the decision on his future will be made (and hopefully announced) long before the end of 2015.

I wish it was ASAP. Am more sick of the speculation than the Sid-issue (though not actually ''spewing'' as much as bones!)

The ONLY reason he would wait until the end of 2015 is to test his value on the market. If he really wanted to stay at Manly he would simply sit down with the club and sort it out sooner rather than later for an amount as high as the club can afford.

If the Club allows this to go to the end of 2015 and then he leaves anyway, we will have stacks of cash available and no one to spend it on.

This is all Chocs fault. He came up with Sid. The sooner the other players start referring to DCE as Mr Cherry-Evans, the better. It is always hard for a superior player to disrespected by the rabble. The Bronco's refer to DCE as Sir. The r and the d are so close together on the keyboard aren't they? ;)

In the great history of Manly nicknames, Bozo, pogo, Igor, Beaver, Hermie, Frogseyes, Labrador, Choc, Skivvi etc Sid is pretty harmless, and quite amusing and better than that roosterish bland DCE. Until such time as Sid says it upsets him, I'll run with sid.

My favourite was a 2nd rower we called Labrador ... he was always bludging on the blind.

this one is pretty simple, as Hunt and DCE come off contract at the same time.

If Brisbane announce Hunt has re-signed, then we know that it means. If they don't re-sign him, we also know what it means. I'm pretty sure Hunt is going to want things sorted for himself, and not have his future dictated to by someone else.

The BEST scenario for all involved would be for Hunt to decide he wants his future secure and sign with someone else, DCE sign with us, and Brisbane be stuck with noone.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4