• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
DCE was far from terrible last night and I know he was playing in a side that need time to gel but...just like last season, there is hesitation in his game. I think this guy might need some structure to his football. There appears to be a imbalance between "play what you see" and the 1%ers. He always looks like he is making it up on the spot and I think this is a problem.

He has all the skills but he is not directing the team around the park. If anything, he is starting to play like Sandow; difference being he can tackle. I don't want to be too harsh on the guy because he is a wonderful footballer, but I want to see him play fast, direct, and with conviction, as opposed to this headless chook stuff.

I am not blaming him for last night, I am just making an observation. I am a fan of this guy, just want to see the 2011-2013 DCE back.

agreed,
as i said in the walker at 5/8 positives thread, though, he's not the character to steer the team round the park. expecting that of him is unfair i think

DCE is a lot like Thurston in that they both have a similar style of play.

Note that when Thurston was the general leading North Queensland around the park, they were there abouts but could never take that extra step. It was only when Morgan and Granville started to take on more of the organising role and allowed him to play his natural game that they went and won the comp. Same thing with Queensland and the Kangaroos. There he has Cronk and Smith to do the organising and he can provide the brilliance.

That is where Snake's experience will help DCE. He can control the team from the back and let DCE do his stuff without having the extra burden of team organisation, or at least lessen the burden. As good a fullback as he is, right now Tommy simply doesn't have Snake's experience. Neither does Walker as a 5/8, nor Koroisau or Parcell so most of it is on DCE.

None of it is going to gel overnight into a premiership winning team. It'll take time.

Last edited:
I love dce and I won't knock the bloke. But I was expecting him to touch the ball a lot more than he did especially early when we had some good field position when it was still nil all. We had a set of six deep in the dogs red zone and Daly didn't get his hands on the ball until the last tackle where he rolled it in the ingoal and forced the repeat set. It was as if Walker was the dominate half and that wasn't going end pretty.

I think api made his job harder and not many of the forwards punching thru. A half back needs good quality ball from the hooker. The hooker also chooses when to run when to pass which side to play, whether to dummy to decoy runners etc. I thought parcell had much better smarts than api and once his combination gels with dce will will see a better attack. Add brett into the bacline and mateo as a ball playing back row and we will look far more dangerous. And instead of brown running wide trying to punch thru holes get marty running wide off shory balls. He will have more impact.

In regards to not finding touch, i heard on radio driving to game that few players have said the ball is different this year. Soward and parker from memory, sooky soward said goalkickers especially say it feels different off the boot.

In regards to not finding touch, i heard on radio driving to game that few players have said the ball is different this year. Soward and parker from memory, sooky soward said goalkickers especially say it feels different off the boot.

what about the last 3 years when he struggles to find touch and puts us on the back foot with our forward pack thats getting pumped ? Thats Toovey's fault hey ?

what about the last 3 years when he struggles to find touch and puts us on the back foot with our forward pack thats getting pumped ? Thats Toovey's fault hey ?
1 error in a team of errors last night? I noticed T-Rex running at him most of the night and did he fail that, nope, tackled him every time. He is never going to setup or score a try with every touch!

Whilst I'm not stoked about DCE not finding touch, what he does is take a bit of a risk occassionally and go for very long kicks to make us ground. To me the reality is if you are going to do that (and who doesn't love it when he makes us 50 or 60m) then occassionally you are going to get it wrong. What I would counter is that what we should do is when he kicks it our line moves up (just in case) so that at worst the ball is kicked down into the opposition zone and they don't then get a cheap 30m because we didn't react.

Now having said that I think there are times (like last night) you just need to reach touch. We were under the pump and need a break defensively and needed to just get our hands on the ball. This is where I think Dce needs to realise when to take the risk and when not to.

not dce's fault last night,where was killer,he is the leader,kapow is still a hothead,matai still shoulder charges,you cant fly like an eagle when you work with turkeys,the new crew were useless,twin tubos tried,barrett said 1,9,7,6 need to meld,they will,3-4 games will sort them out

DCE made 30 tackles last night. Far too many to expect him to also play the dominant half role, controlling both sides of the ruck.

DCE was understandably flat and just not fit enough last night to master the challenge of being everywhere in attack and defence. Thurston appears everywhere in attack, but he gets the benefit of defensive structures that don't require him to make 30 tackles a game.

If the ultimate intention is for DCE to replicate Thurston, then our team needs to lighten his defensive workload. I love DCE as much as any Manly fan and I wish and hope he develops into the premier half in the future.

It was a pretty sad sight last light when Chez flicked young Tom a terrible pass in terrible position. Felt for both of them. If we want DCE to dominate in attack, we can't expect him to play such a dominant role in defence.

How many times a season is $$$$$$ man Cherry ripe head not gonna find touch this season ? SOmeone explain ! $$$$$$$$ earn your money cherry ripe boy ! im sick of you not finding touch !
Please chill the F O.Your killing me.

Come on @mjb136 , it was obvious by the fact that you never once mentioned Toovey that you were infact blaming Toovey for all the kick-outs on the full that have been made in the history of the game. Seriously mate that's a bit harsh on Tooves.

I agree with King 12345, DCE is sh!te - I mean he has never kicked 40/20s, or made massive metres from a touch finder, or taken us to a premiership, or set-up a try before - bloody Penn loving freak he is! Boycott them all I say, fire-up the furnace and throw them in head first -- woo yeah baby Fire up!

We can dance around the flames like wild men, maybe we could lather each other up in the blood of Scott Penn and cast a spell over Bozo as well - yeah, that'll stuff ém eh!

Come on @mjb136 , it was obvious by the fact that you never once mentioned Toovey that you were infact blaming Toovey for all the kick-outs on the full that have been made in the history of the game. Seriously mate that's a bit harsh on Tooves.

I agree with King 12345, DCE is sh!te - I mean he has never kicked 40/20s, or made massive metres from a touch finder, or taken us to a premiership, or set-up a try before - bloody Penn loving freak he is! Boycott them all I say, fire-up the furnace and throw them in head first -- woo yeah baby Fire up!

We can dance around the flames like wild men, maybe we could lather each other up in the blood of Scott Penn and cast a spell over Bozo as well - yeah, that'll stuff ém eh!

Lol now it all makes sense. Perhaps i was too harsh on Tooves despite not mentioning him:rofl:o_O

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7