DDOS attack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that we are currently under a DDOS attack and hence our server load is a little high and the site a little slow.

I am doing my best to stop this at the moment, and banning IP's all over the shop. It should calm down in the next hour or so.

Dan

Hi Chip and Chase. Dan say we are under a DDOS attack and that is making the sight slow. Please note : DDOS does not stand for, Des's Dogs & Other ****. So we don't all need to fire up again, although Mark probably should because he's soft and needs the practice. :)

Looks to have calmed down now. Going to run some scans to see if anything has changed and probably reboot the server too

Unschedule server reboot starting now

rebooted but attack still ongoing, looks like the server load is increasing again too

D Dos
D Dos run
run dos run

ah hahahahahahahaha!!!

A denial-of-service attack (DoS attack) or distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS attack) is an attempt to make a computer or network resource unavailable to its intended users. Although the means to carry out, motives for, and targets of a DoS attack may vary, it generally consists of the concerted efforts of a person, or multiple people to prevent an Internet site or service from functioning efficiently or at all, temporarily or indefinitely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

Usually done on sites of NATIONAL SECURITY!!!

wooooo! we're number 1, we're number 1!!!!

Post scanning was the name of the game, as well as a lot of attempts to brute force the password to the server. All of which failed, and the brute force protection kicked in killing off IP's as it could.

Still getting a few brute force attacks now.

My guess is spammer or warez teams looking for storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7