Dean Ritchie blog

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Hasler doesn’t like Reilly. Full stop. Reilly also got rid of Zorba, another decision Hasler objected to. Reilly keeps telling fans what the club should do but the football club and leagues club don’t tip in any money!! Penn throws in all the bucks and only has two votes. Ridiculous. Reilly isn’t the only reason Des walked - but he is a key reason.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Dean Ritchie is Zorbas mate.
I expect Ritchie to be beating on and pointing the finger regarding Zorba's resignation because Ritchie is the one that can't move on. He has lost his trusty information source at the Sea Eagles. I reckon no one else at the organisation would give this hack the time of day.

WAMF said:
Dean Ritchie is Zorbas mate.
I expect Ritchie to be beating on and pointing the finger regarding Zorba's resignation because Ritchie is the one that can't move on. He has lost his trusty information source at the Sea Eagles. I reckon no one else at the organisation would give this hack the time of day.

Oh so it's all Zorba's fault then?

Some board members actually wanted Des out for next year. Player power won through though. Players fronted Scott Penn and David Perry and let their feelings be known. They wanted Des there in 2012. Tooves deserves a go, no doubt. But the entire Hasler fiasco has shown some members of the board to be completely out of their depth. I think the fans deserve an explanation. Manly’s board is completely dysfunctional. What a shame all this has come after such an epic win only a few days ago.

I think Peter Peters will run against Bob Reilly at the football club elections next month. The way Reilly and his mates handled the Hasler fiasco, it’s a safe bet Zorba would sweep in as the new chairman. That would dilute Reilly’s power. It would also put the position of rookie COO David Perry in doubt. Hasler doesn’t like Perry and Reilly.

Manly’s offer, in the end, was actually larger than the Bulldogs. Des left because of internal politics and the decision to sack his good mate, Peter Peters. In the end, it wore him down. The faceless men move on behind the scenes while a champion coach walks away. Very sad.

If Bob Reilly is fair dunkum, and he loves the club like he says, he should stand down immediately. It would ease the drama and tension within the club. Over to you Bob....

Supporters and sponsors are filthy. But the board won’t stand down. I thought they were there to represent the members. Obviously not.

All Dean Ritchies words no fact, who is his source? how do they know are they on the board? did he get it from a sponsors mouth? or form Des directly?

Ill beat you to it as well <Matabele calls me a puppet below>

Zorba is already on the Leagues club board. I haven't seen Dean Ritchie mention that 'fact' once.

How healthy is it to hand Zorba the keys to the FC? Would Zorba have the best interest of the club itself at heart, while his nephew owns half the joint?

I think that it would be common knowledge that Ritchie has spoken to Des a number of times in recent weeks.

No wonder Kaspersky bought into the club, it has all the hallmarks of the Kremlin's power plays. Des as Stalin, the power mad despot, the Board as the People's Comissariate, bravely attempting to curb that power, Zorba as Rasputin, lurking around in the halls of power. All we need is Trotsky and we'll have vodka served on the hill thanks very much.

I don't know where I stand.

If Des left because Zorba got sacked then he's a sook and I'm glad he's gone.

He whinges when he can't get things he wants due to monetary constraints, and when they start making changes in order to improve the finances he sooks again.

But who knows what the ****'s going on in the back offices? Something definitely doesn't seem right.

Ego's galore it seems.

Jonesyv2 said:
All Dean Ritchies words no fact, who is his source? how do they know are they on the board? did he get it from a sponsors mouth? or form Des directly?

Ill beat you to it as well <Matabele calls me a puppet below>

You already said you had no idea what was happening, which is not exactly encouraging as a board member, so being on the board clearly doesn't mean you know anything.

Given that Bob put you on the board it is also not surprising you don't have a bad word to say about him.

I said i had no information on Des's contract negotiations as it was MWSE board issue and last time i checked these sort of things don't get released not even to Dean Ritchie, don't twist my words.

As for your last comment, my opinion of Rielly was positive before i came into a position on the board, i don't see how it would change now based on this?

WAMF said:
How healthy is it to hand Zorba the keys to the FC? Would Zorba have the best interest of the club itself at heart, while his nephew owns half the joint?
How much of his own money has all talk no action Reilly put in the club. Zorbas nephew put his hard earned cash where his heart is and that is the Manly club . To say that a man that pours his own money into the club he loves dosent have the club it self at heart is as ridiculous. Reilly dosent have the skill, respect, support and the numbers to remain on the board . Watch this space!!! :cool::cool::cool:

lsz said:
Jonsey is that the board you are on (not having a go just confused)

I am on the Football Club Board, FYI the Structure of the MWSE ltd (The Sea Eagles) is as follows:

Structure of the Board of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited

1 Chairman (appointed on a 75% board approval)
2 Directors appointed by Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Limited
2 Directors appointed by Surfside
2 Directors appointed by Penn Sport Pty Ltd
1 Director appointed by Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club Limited*

tookey said:
I think that it would be common knowledge that Ritchie has spoken to Des a number of times in recent weeks.

If it's such common knowledge, where are the quotes from Des?

WAMF said:
tookey said:

If it's such common knowledge, where are the quotes from Des?

Not sure. Guess you will have to ask Ritchie that.

Jonesyv2 said:
lsz said:
Jonsey is that the board you are on (not having a go just confused)

I am on the Football Club Board, FYI the Structure of the MWSE ltd (The Sea Eagles) is as follows:

Structure of the Board of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited

1 Chairman (appointed on a 75% board approval)
2 Directors appointed by Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Limited
2 Directors appointed by Surfside
2 Directors appointed by Penn Sport Pty Ltd
1 Director appointed by Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club Limited*

Are these people paid? If so, by whom? If they are volunteers then surely their motivation is a love of the club and football team. I may be naive but that's been my experience with volunteers, yet I keep reading about them having 'agendas'. What would these agendas be?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6