Dear Manly - time to stand up and make us proud v NQ

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Completely disagree, sorry mate. I think we have an amazing roster, even with the injury toll.

I think its attitude, culture, energy and commitment letting us down.

Great post @NYEagle
Great post @ Ryan - great insight.

I think the effort has been these this year (except Canberra and Parra)- I was happy with the commitment shown in both dual losses against Penrith and Bulldogs.
But tomorrow night it is more than effort. It's looking each Manly legend in the eye and finding a way to win. Prove to me what I have always believed - that Manly have a X factor and that they are the greatest team to be a fan of.
Despite all the odds, matchups, predictions. Manly can win this.
It's culture yeah.
NYEagle

Well I have been "trolled" for my comments before but here goes again. I am not going to keep quiet because someone doesn't like what I say. It appears every time one offers a 'slight' challenge or offer a comment that 2V and his support staff (who I respect greatly by the way) are not coaching the team nor using the bench correctly I get lambasted.

Having said that we should have:

a well-rested team and fresh team this week;

been training very hard with fitness, defence and ball work discipline during this bye;

very few niggling injuries to be overcome;

a mentally fresh team to cause the upset.

So therefore having said that:

it now comes to how well the coaching staff have prepared this team for the match;

the player's attitudes;

their attention to detail and the bench rotation.

So there you go you trollers troll me but I don't care. We should have won that game against the riff but came out tired in the second half and we lost it. If we stuff up and do not win which I think we can, it must rest at either or all of the feet of player and the coaching staff.

All of you guys say you are professionals so let's go out there and prove it. Players have a bleeding dig will you. Coaching staff to paraphrase "Star Wars," use the bench.

I hate being near the bottom of the table and injuries aside and contract negotiations aside get on with it and earn your pay and your place in the side. GO MANLY!

Late mail

Cowboys vs Sea Eagles

Cowboys expected to be 1-17 with Scott (cork) in doubt after picking up knock in Origin but he did declare he would play on weekend when he return home to Townsville yesterday. Tamou, Thurston and Morgan are all expected to back up from Origin. Sea Eagles will be without Mateo (ankle) with either Hodges or Starling (if fit) to replace him on bench, they also have both halves in doubt with Foran (hamstring) and Symonds (shoulder), if either are out T.Trobjevic would come onto wing with Hiku moving to Centre and Lyon moving into halves.

Manly are $3.72 against the Cowchildren.

Everyone has written Manly off.

Time to stand up and make us proud.

Foran - its time to turn the clock back to 2011 and show the passion and intensity you did against the Roosters.
Team - fresh, rested, ok without Cherry...but - no excuses. The best backline in the NRL just 10 months ago is virtually intact and healthy.
Stand up and win this footy game.
Show us why Manly is better than everyone else and the best club in the land to be a supporter of.

It's time to stop the crap. Mark Manly's 1500 game with a proud victory and let's turn the season around.

The talent is there, I want to see the passion tomorrow night.

NYEagle
It's all about attitude and playing for each other, I know there's been a sh*tload of injuries this year but at times these guys have looked like they just met each other, there's been improvement in the last couple of games but if we're gonna have any chance on Saturday we've just got to play for eighty and back each other up !!!

so what if both names halves are out?

My prediction is that if we don't beat a team who has won 8 straight games setting a new club record because they have 4 players backing up from origin people will ignore the fact we are missing our half, our other half doesn't want to play/is injured and doesn't play and the 5 or 6 injured forwards and fill every thread with various versions of the sky is falling down.

Problem here is if we play really well and get beaten by 10 points everyone thinks the world has ended.

We rarely see a "they played really well" post when we get beaten.

If the boys can keep it to under 12 point loss it will be a decent effort imo. People need to face the fact we have a weak playing roster and its highly likely we will finish in the bottom 6.

That said. GO MANLY.

Yep, as long as we have a dig then I'm okay with that....and we always seem to against the Cowboys no matter where we play them.

What I am curious to see on Saturday night, if he is over his injury and plays, is how Foran will go given that DCE is out injured?

Will the real Kieran Foran stand up on Saturday night?

I don't know about anyone else, but I just get the feeling that all this contracts crap (starting with the Gifty episode last year) has led to tension between DCE and Foran. Maybe without DCE on the field Foran will come good?
What you say is really interesting @HoldenV8
I sense this too, I think they have a conflict
What I am curious to see on Saturday night, if he is over his injury and plays, is how Foran will go given that DCE is out injured?

Will the real Kieran Foran stand up on Saturday night?

I don't know about anyone else, but I just get the feeling that all this contracts crap (starting with the Gifty episode last year) has led to tension between DCE and Foran. Maybe without DCE on the field Foran will come good?
HoldenV8 you make a great point.
I think there is tension between Cherry and Foran. They seem to both be control freaks and maybe Foran will play better now Cherry is out of the way.
Plus Foran was always part of that Watmough-Stewart-Matai click.
However, I wouldn't be completely shocked if Cherry somehow does play.

I believe this game is the turning point of Manly's season.
With Parra up 14-0 over Penrith, if they finish it off it puts Manly just one game out of the eight if they win no matter what else happens.
What possible more motivation can they have to win.
If they don't they completely suck and the Manly aura is gone in 2015, and for that I will be more than pissed.

Penrith are getting their customary second half run of penalties got it both games against us and another here.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4