Death rides and love affairs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Watching the dragons v titans game at the moment. Always play qld games first up here.

Anyway Shannon walker dropped the first bomb and the commentators found sympathy for him then he catches one and they are full of love and praise.

Remember when farrer dropped a few?

There was plenty of death riding from the commentators.

Yet again the titans have been lucky with the calls and bounce of the ball. This can't be coincidence

I wish we had an AFL team starting on the Northern Beaches, then we would get some 50/50 calls

Great finish. Great move by 1 player on the death. But my god was the winning team lucky

Snake had an end of game field goal in him or two in previous years.

If this team of ours comes close this year we have a brilliant coach despite the knockers.

I thought the 'spear' tackle was enough to warrant a penalty, don't know if it would've changed anything but yeah...
Dragons should've scored but Priddis didn't hold the ball.

And Preston Campbell ****s me.  I hate Nathan Friend.

That is all!

Preston is a legend,
How long has he been around? He is so small, but puts everything on the line every week.
I wish we had a few prestons at brookie.

TokyoEagle link said:
Preston is a legend,
How long has he been around? He is so small, but puts everything on the line every week.
I wish we had a few prestons at brookie.
actually i wish we had few geoff tooveys  covering the ruck & the middle of the field

Only saw the final 3 mins of the Titans game, didn't like the result !!

On the death ride, a bloke that has been on both ends of it is Manu Vatuvei. He had that horror night at Parramatta, and Warren Smith was commentating that night and took great joy from getting stuck into him, and did so every Warriors game he did for the next year or so. Now everytime Manu gets the ball you hear the commentators voices raise

eggson link said:
And Preston Campbell s**ts me.  I hate Nathan Friend.

I actually like Preston and wouldn't mind seeing him in maroon & white.  He is one of those talented players who could turn a game that is looking like a loss into a win and as for Nathan Friend, I hate him with a passion. I remember him rubbish us back in 08 saying that we were overrated and that we didn't have the team to beat them or to take out the premiership and all that I could say to him was to look at the results.  Not only did we beat them we took out the title too.

I'm not saying Preston's a crap player, he's fantastic to watch 99% and gives his all every game, it's just when he flops about in tackles and for some reason his ploy to race off after the 80min whistle blew really annoyed me.  Did he not remember stamping his foot on the dead ball line?  Sure he was trying to fool people into thinking he was still in play, i don't know, that just really irritated me last night.

And i still hate Nathan Friend.

Prince had a shocker, I mean 20 meters out in golden point time and he puts through a grubber, bloody hell - just kick the field goal, its golden point don't try anything fancy.

Good thing they had rogers, his coolness under pressure saved them.

TokyoEagle link said:
Preston is a legend,
  He's been doing a "Hayne" for a decade.  Doesn't get the same headlines though. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=TokyoEagle link=topic=184244.msg277885#msg277885 date=1279896157]
Preston is a legend,
  He's been doing a "Hayne" for a decade.  Doesn't get the same headlines though. 
[/quote]
Would like to have seen Preston given at chance in SOO just once...god knows even Jarrod Mullen was given a run.

eggson link said:
I'm not saying Preston's a crap player, he's fantastic to watch 99% and gives his all every game, it's just when he flops about in tackles and for some reason his ploy to race off after the 80min whistle blew really annoyed me.  Did he not remember stamping his foot on the dead ball line?  Sure he was trying to fool people into thinking he was still in play, i don't know, that just really irritated me last night.

Don't think Preston knew where he was hence the running up field but it would have been hilarious if the Dragons lost that way. IMO it was pretty smart had it come off.

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=eggson link=topic=184244.msg277952#msg277952 date=1279949972]

Don't think Preston knew where he was hence the running up field but it would have been hilarious if the Dragons lost that way. IMO it was pretty smart had it come off.
[/quote]

I think he was attempting to only make it look like he put his foot on the line, not actually do it.

That half nose/half head Gonzo Daley made me throw up with his 'raiders' love affair last night.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4