Decamping Beaver ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jatz Crackers

First Grader
Menzies set to join Bradford: report
AAP
English Super League club Bradford is reportedly poised to sign Manly great Steve Menzies.

Menzies, 34, is set to leave the Sea Eagles after 14 seasons and is believed to be considering finishing his career in England.

"The Bulls have more or less convinced him to have a farewell year in Super League," the Daily Express newspaper reported.

"Bulls' fans may question why the club is chasing a player who will be 35 in December, but second-row Menzies is still one of the fittest and most dedicated professionals in Australia, and can also fill in at centre or stand-off."

Menzies has also been linked with Salford and Widnes and his manager Wayne Beavis told AAP another club had made a late expression of interest.

Beavis could not say if the club was an NRL or Super League side and said no decision had been made yet.

"I can't confirm anything at this stage, probably tomorrow I'd say we'd be making a decision," Beavis said.

"I've got another expression of interest so I'm just testing the water here and we'll see what happens.

"There's no decision on anything at this stage."

The Sea Eagles have pencilled in a press conference for tomorrow afternoon if any decision on Menzies' future is made.

I am getting a bit misty as I type. :'(

Beaver said on NRL on fox tonight that is a load at the moment. He said he's been rumored with a number of clubs in england but what does look likely is that he won't be with Manly next year.

french_man_crying.jpg

Good luck to Beaver, hope he gets a nice Golden Handshake over there.

He has been an absolute legend over the years for us, maybe the Southern Stand should be renamed

The title of this post put off guard for a second

DSM5 link said:
And we're not trying to keep him at all?

No and we shouldnt. While he is playing great footy I believe his NRL days will be past him by the time next year comes around.

We NEED to make the Grand Final...won't he break the record if he plays up til then?

from Sportal:
Manly veteran Steve Menzies is set to announce he will have a farewell season in the UK Super League.

The Bradford Bulls are favoured to win his signature but at least three others clubs are still in the race.

Manly has decided against offering one of its favourite sons a new deal to extend his 16-year career.  :'(

Thirty-four-year-old Menzies, who has played 338 NRL games, may reveal his plans as soon as Thursday afternoon, with the Sea Eagles pencilling in a press conference.

The man they call Beaver said on Wednesday night: "I'm definitely looking at options in England."

"I'm still enjoying my footy and still think there's something I can definitely offer."

Menzies' manager, Wayne Beavis, was preparing for a long night on the phone as he worked on nailing down the final move in his client's career.

"There's a lot of interest,'' Beavis said.

"I would be hopeful that at least overnight or in the early part of the morning he will have hopefully made a decision on his playing future.''

Sea Eagles CEO Grant Mayer refused to be drawn on Menzies' future, telling Sportal: "We're like everyone else. We're just waiting for a heads up from Beaver before we make our next move."

"We've always said we won't rush him into a decision and will respect the decision he ultimately comes up with."

Menzies has played off the bench for the past two seasons, providing valuable contributions in the twilight of his stellar career.

He is desperate to end with another premiership in his final year in the NRL.

clontaago link said:
No and we shouldnt. While he is playing great footy I believe his NRL days will be past him by the time next year comes around.

I see it differently. We most certainly should.

I think its a no brainer that if the club took the position that one more year would be fine by them, Beaver should be the one to decide if he goes on. He is playing above the level required & he says his body & mind are both keen to do another year. His is professional enough to call it quits if he wasnt up to it.

This sounds to me like the club is in a boxed in position on either a money or squad number issue.  

Why couldn't he sign up on a match payments deal, play however many games he needs to break **** for brains Lamb's record and then link up with a Super League club.

Because he deserves the money that he missed out on by staying loyal to the club!

I will be sad to see him go but he deserves to go earn a big pay check for a while

Utility Player link said:
Why couldn't he sign up on a match payments deal, play however many games he needs to break S**t for brains Lamb's record and then link up with a Super League club.

Hey good idea, ring Grant Mayer & his manager (Beavis)

Beaver has played 338

Lamb played 349

So Beaver needs to play 12 more games to get the record. 

There are 8 rounds of the season, 3 weeks of finals, and the grand final left = 12 games. 

So Beaver needs to play every game, and even more unlikely we would have to lose week one of the finals, or not finish in the top two, so that we play the extra game in week two of the finals. 

I reckon we name him one the banch round one next year even if he is in pommieland

If we are positioned top 2, doesnt that mean we get one week off during the finals series.

So then it would be we play 3 games including the GF.

Agree, just send a tall bloke on in head gear, even Cuthbo.  Surely no one will notice

Jatz Crackers link said:
If we are positioned top 2, doesnt that mean we get one week off during the finals series.

So then it would be we play 3 games including the GF.

As I said we need to play 3 finals and the GF = 4 , so we would need to not have the week off, ie either not finish top 2, or lose week one so we have to play week 2.

Hypothetically speaking, suppose both Manly and Bradford win their respective comps does that mean Beaver will play for bradford (assuming he signs with them) against the Sea Eagles in the world club challenge at the beggining of next year???

As much as I would love him to stay with Manly next year, I agree with Dan, the bloke has given his heart and soul to the club.  He definately deserves nothing less than earning a big fat pay cheque for a seasons work in the UK.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6