Defence is a Problem

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
It doesn't need Einstein to itell us that our defence this year has been way off the standard of previous years. We have leaked tries down the edges on both sides when Matai and Lyon have been injured. Our ruck defence is also missing the industry of Starling and Lawrence. Whilst not the best metre getters, they are both mobile and busy., plugging up the centre of the park. Teams are making big metres against us, putting our attack under great pressure, generally leaving us to work the ball out from our own line. Opposition kicks are close to our line, meaning we often have to face repeat sets aginst. Ballin and Buhrer have been great but a dynamic defence that can step up a gear and put pressure on opposition sides has been missing. Oue line speed has been slow. There have not been too many dominant tackles. We seem to be giving more defensive penalties away as well, which means we have less opportunities with good field position in attack.

Add to this the frailties of Blair and the injuries and it is clear that we are struggling. Hopefully some troops back and some home games (assuming Brookvale recovers) will give us a few wins in the next month.

What defence? Lol. I agree. We seem to be missing all over the park. Hopefully its down to a lot of re shuffling with the amount of players we have out.

Yep defence is all about attitude and trust in the person next to you. There is no trust out there. No one is talking to eachother. No one cares.

We continue to be out flanked in most games and half the dogs tries came from simple backline movements where we didnt either slide or jam in, that is the problem, the inexperience we have when our key guys are not there is hampering the communication. It really does not help when on the eve of a game that a key guy pulls out.

I think its true that many guys are playing injured, hence the large amount of guys pulling out of games on the eve of them, I would rather we rest guys and get them right, after this weekend we have a 2 week break and we need to make sure we have as many guys back for the Newcastle game on May 10.

St Merge are a team without a lot of talent showing what good defence can achieve.

If they don't score against you they can't win against you.

We have not adapted at all to our situation; we should be all about completing sets; playing the territory game and strong defence. Boring but it's simple and effective.

Yessir, Defence is our main problem. But. not our only problem. Lack of interest is another. Lack of go forward. Predictable attack. Lack of discipline. Confidence, lack of fit NRL standard troops? When u step back and take an objective look at it, we are :swear:!
But the only direction from here is UP.

I just wish we'd use this situation to bring up some more young guns, because guess what.....every single one that's been given a crack has tried their guts out.

You listening Geoff Toovey??

NRL season 2015: Canterbury Bulldogs benefit from a second refereeing tackle count error in three weeks

MAYBE Des Hasler really has mastered the dark arts.

Earlier this year the Bulldogs coach made headlines with his reference to referees as “Voldemorts” and now it appears his side has the rub of the green when it comes to their mistakes, with the NRL revealing the Dogs received a second seven tackle set in three weeks in their win over Manly on Friday night.

As the match officials responsible for denying the Tigers a crucial tackle against the Raiders were named to officiate again this week, referees boss Tony Archer has admitted the Bulldogs were incorrectly granted a seven tackle set, from which they almost scored, during their 28-16 defeat of the Sea Eagles.

The incident occurred in the 10th minute of the Canterbury-Manly clash at ANZ Stadium, with the Bulldogs going from one end of the field to the other as referees Gavin Badger and Chris Sutton awarded an extra tackle to the home side.

The set ended with Moses Mbye being pulled down only half a metre short of the try line on the seventh tackle of the set. The Bulldogs led 10-0 at the time, and ended up consigning Manly to their fifth loss on the trot.
:banghead:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4