Delmege $12m

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Delmege $12m

Today's press is saying Delmege has pumped $12m into the Sea Eagles. My memory might be hazy, but my recollection was he originally purchased his share of the club for around $4m in 2004?

So where does the other $8m come from? Are the counting his sponsorship perhaps? Is that really a bit misleading?

(For the record I'm not questioning his contribution to the club, I'm merely pointing out that the Terror are being somewhat misleading).

Delmege $12m

The Terror misleading, surely you jest.

Good on Max though, lets face it, without his help we may not have had a team to support for the past few years.

Delmege $12m

The Terror misleading, surely you jest.

Well Byso seems to think it is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Or is that just the (as big as a) Piers Ackerman column?

Delmege $12m

Yeah but Byso believes all of the stories on Today Tonight as well. I heard the other day that the little bllack fella, WaWa or whatever his name was, is still alive and well living with his tribe.

Delmege $12m

That figure from what i know is pretty much on the money from when he has taken over to this point. i dont see it as misleading in that at the end of the day it has come from his kick and gone into the club one way or another. How it was accounted for is really only there to give some smart number cruncher something to do so that Nrl, Taxman or anyone else who wants to stick their nose doesn't get more than they have to.

Delmege $12m

I see Silvertails got a mention in the article too.

He has given $12 million in cold hard cash to Manly and now co-owner Max Delmege wants his ultimate dividend - an NRL premiership.

Having saved Manly from financial collapse in 2001, Delmege is now just 160 minutes from living his dream.

"It (a premiership) would mean so much to me. It would be unbelievable,'' Delmege told The Daily Telegraph last night. "Honestly, I dream every night about how I would feel if we won a premiership, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves - we haven't made the grand final yet.

"But I can't believe how this has affected me.''

Delmege and co-owner Scott Penn continue to fund Manly as the club strives for its first premiership since 1996.

"A premiership would be great not only for me but for the fans as well, who have stuck with us through thick and thin,'' he said.

"At the end of the day, God has given me some business acumen but I still love the fans who find the dough to go to the games every week.

"They are so loyal - they have done the hard yards. The bloke signing the cheques has the easy part. Since the 1997 grand final, the Manly fans have had to put up with a lot. They went through the Super League war and then the Northern Eagles.''

Supporters website, Silvertails.net, started amidst one of the club's darkest recent moments, a 70 point flogging from Penrith in 2004. It is this passion to the cause that is indicative of the commitment to the cause Delmege speaks of.

Told that he had saved the famous Manly club, Delmege admitted: "I've done my bit but it's a passion for me.''

Manly chief executive Grant Mayer paid tribute to Delmege's contribution. "There's no doubt Manly was just five minutes from closing its doors,'' Mayer said yesterday. "Without Max, the Manly club would be gone right now.

"We all understand how Max would feel with a premiership and he deserves it as much as the players themselves.''

Delmege said victory in the first finals game against Souths ago was a wonderful night for the northern peninsula.

"Back at the leagues club it was just awesome,'' Delmege said. "It seemed like the whole of Manly was there.''

Manly are $1.50 favourites with TAB Sportsbet and trained yesterday at their Narrabeen headquarters. Winger Chris Hicks and back-rower Glenn Stewart remain troubled by ankle injuries.

Hicks is in most doubt and would be replaced by Michael Bani if ruled out. Test selectors will closely monitor the form of rival fullbacks Matt Bowen (Cowboys) and Brett Stewart (Manly).

Delmege $12m

Delmege, an Eagles hero. If I'd had a lazy 12 Mil I would have bought the team.

Delmege $12m

$12M or $4M, either way its a **** load of money to just give away.

He didn't "give away" $12m. If it is sponsorship then his business entity recived a material benefit.

Delmege $12m

Don't worry delmage hasn't contributed his money for nothing.

In return he now owns some nice land in Federal Parade previously owned by the football/leagues clubs.

I have also heard that the club wants to pull down the car park and build a new club on this site while selling the existing club site to a developer to pay for it.

I am sure that max has front running to buy the existing leagues club site if this proposal proceeds.

Delmege $12m

Yeah but Byso believes all of the stories on Today Tonight as well. I heard the other day that the little bllack fella, WaWa or whatever his name was, is still alive and well living with his tribe.

Hate to show to be honest. But I do enjoy the stories which publicise that lovely place.............Dubbo

Delmege $12m

When the Dubbo specials are advertised I make sure I watch :) :)

None as good as the ACA's story “Cop's Pizza voucher bribery for the local kids"

Delmege $12m

my vote for predictable comeback of the year.

Also shows your further comprehension of the question.

Delmege $12m

"oh Dan is picking on me, can i stay in these forums please Mr Admin sir, i promise i'll contribute"

sound familiar?

you are an A grade loser haahaha

Delmege $12m

my vote for predictable comeback of the year.

Also shows your further comprehension of the question.

yes mate - you got me.

how did i ever miss the real meaning of your question. You really are dumb :bdh:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4