Delmege lashes greedy Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
Former Manly owner Max Delmege has labelled ex-coach Des Hasler 'greedy and self-opinionated' in a withering blast delivered in the hours following Canterbury's NRL grand final loss to Melbourne.

Delmege, who estimates he tipped in around $15m to keep the Sea Eagles afloat during the mid-to-late 2000s, accused Hasler of placing financial gain first in deserting the club 12 months ago to join the Bulldogs.

He believes Hasler would have led Manly to back-to-back titles had he stayed at Brookvale.

Posting a message on his Facebook page just 90 minutes after Storm's 14-4 win in the decider, Delmege wrote: "I feel I have to say this. Des Hasler, if you had not been so greedy and self opinionated you would be the coach of the premiers again tonight … the Manly Sea Eagles.

"The players, staff and myself gave you all the support, both personally and financially, to the best of what the present day environment could afford.

"Obviously this was not enough.

"I have given Manly all I can and will continue to do so.

"Why? Because Manly's supporters remain true, faithful and genuine.

"You made an error in judgement in which we forgive you.

"See you next year in the grand final."

Hasler laughed off the comments but refused to return fire.

Meanwhile, the Bulldogs have posted a message on their website thanking members for their support throughout 2012.

The statement read: "Despite (Sunday night's) battle, the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs were unable to get over the line in what was a tough 80-minute affair against the Melbourne Storm in front of a full house at ANZ Stadium.

"Our team gave their all.

"The Bulldogs would like to take this opportunity to thank our most dedicated supporters, our members.

"Your support, devotion and commitment to the team as well as the passion displayed - not only over the last week but over the last twelve months - played a significant role in this season's success.

"This season the club has achieved a number of milestones and accomplishments that everyone can reflect on and be proud of."

Dogs players took to fancy dress at their Belmore headquarters on Mad Monday as Melbourne returned home to continue the party.

Im not sure i like this comment, it basically puts Toovey down by saying we would have gone back to back with Hasler as coach.

That's a fair serve from Max. With all his done for the club he's entitled to give Des a spray. Couldn't agree more actually.

Well said Max. All we expect is that Manly players and officials act with professionalism and don't white-ant the club that we all love so dearly.
Hassler let himself down. No-one respects a man without ethics and scruples. You may have plenty of money now Has-Been but you are a sham of a man.

torana355 said:
Im not sure i like this comment, it basically puts Toovey down by saying we would have gone back to back with Hasler as coach.

Yeah i doubt he meant it like that but it looks bad.

Napper said:
torana355 said:

Yeah i doubt he meant it like that but it looks bad.
Max is a big 2V fan and has said that 2V will be as good as Des .

I don't think he was being disparaging to Tooves....I think he was complementing the players.

It's a tough call to make........our run with injury and suspension this year was pretty bad.

Don't forget, Manly didn't just lose Has-Been, he took five key coaches and motivators. It threw our preparation into disarray. Had the structure been left in place we would have had a much better chance of going BtoB.

The Who said:
Don't forget, Manly didn't just lose Has-Been, he took five key coaches and motivators. It threw our preparation into disarray. Had the structure been left in place we would have had a much better chance of going BtoB.

Then again you could say Manly achieved what they did by using that as motivation. We'll never know.

Well said Uncle Max! :) Hasler showed he has not one shred of loyalty or integrity in the way he left, and then tried to shaft the club by enticing away most of the coaching staff and trying to tempt the players away as well.

I met Uncle Max on Grand Final night last year at the Leagues Club, and basically thanked him on behalf of all Manly supporters for everything he has done for the club over the years...and his humble and self-deprecating reply was "well, a night like this makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it?" Effectively, he saved the club's neck when we were mere days away from having to close the doors forever. For this, he deserves our eternal respect and gratitude, unlike that turncoat Hasler. Without Uncle Max, there would BE no Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles today...

Agree Nuttybott, no Max no Manly.

I did pick up in the article a sincere thanks to all the doggy supporters and wasn't that a complaint on here that the Manly club hadn't put forward such sentiments? No doubt Max would be cut by Des being the GF coach for the wrong team.

Pointless thing to say really, max obviously loves the club, but why use what has happened as an excuse.. Next year is a clean slate and our motivation will need to come from within rather than bitterness. Players have resigned in spite of hasler leaving, we still have a **** hot team..onwards and upwards.

I hate all the agendas distracting from reality and the task at hand, be they Peter peters, penn or max.. We are a footy club with a great team. That should be the only focus..

What we have now is what we got for only two or three more years before the squad changes dramatically. Let's win another premiership with who is left not get bogged down by who is gone.

The Who said:
Well said Max. All we expect is that Manly players and officials act with professionalism and don't white-ant the club that we all love so dearly.
Hassler let himself down. No-one respects a man without ethics and scruples. You may have plenty of money now Has-Been but you are a sham of a man.

And yet you credit him with an extra 's' in his name. I'd like an audit of all the clubs assets to see if anything else was taken on the way out.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4