Demetriou vs Gallop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The NRL needs to become professional in it's own right to even command the money the AFL received.

We need the following in my opinion:

Gallop goes immediately BEFORE negotiations commence, and stop giving plumb jobs to ex-footballers where others may have better abilities in administration etc.

A dedicaed pay TV channel for rugby league.

Western Reds and Adelaide Rams both to be reinstated bringing the comp to 18 teams in 2013.

Another Qld team and the North Sydney (Central Coast) Bears to be in the comp in 2015.

To cover any talent shortfall during this expansion phase change the number of interchange players to three or even two with unlimited interchange.

Once the number of teams get to 20 run two conferrences like the NFL with a super bowl setup. That would mean 18 games over 22 weeks with byes etc. Then the playoffs over and above that.

A South seas island competition including Tonga, PNG, Moaroi, Aborignals, Fiji and others to play a pre or post season fixures to grow the game in the islands. I would think it would be a great pre-season competition to kick off the year.

Bring back the mid-week wednesday night knock out (Amco) cup for all country league teams excluding NRL teams. Put up a prize pool of $150k with $100k for the winner, $30k to runner up and the remainder to go to third place $20k for example. some country league clubs would kill for that kind of money.

Expand the game to the Americas - I spoke on this a few weeks ago. I don't care if the NRL has to pay the yank TV networks to show it. It has a potential market of around 400 million.

Get rid of the slary c(r)ap and replace it with a player-points system.

Break the game up when talking about the next deal to the following, (playoffs to be negotitated separately) (SOO to also be negotitated separately) (with two conferrences these could also be negotited separately). Hence a better product would generate additional revenue.

Just a feew ideas.

Love the dedicated Pay TV channel idea.

Western Reds in yes - adds so much value to the TV deal.
Sth Brisbane in as well.

Sunny Coast in
NZ II in

Adelaide is a pipe dream can't afford to run another AFL team let alone a NRL team
CQLD they would dictate which nights they play like the Cowboys
CC Bears would need a NSW team or two to fall over to get in

Pacific Cup is what your reffering to that get's run during the off season when the 4 Nations when it's Australia and New Zealands turn to host it.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8