Departing players announced.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm not sure Gillett is the answer to our problems, and that's some decent coin they are talking about throwing at him. Gillett's strength is hole running on RHS inside red zone. That's the one area we are struggling with making any inroads with. I can't see how bringing someone like him in magically solves DCE's attacking issues, especially without Killer on that edge next year. Buhrer takes pretty decent lines as it is, what do we do with him if Gillett comes ??

I'm hoping our signing will be a real quality outside back or a forward with real impact, someone who can bust a game open with size and power.

I'm not sure Gillett is the answer to our problems, and that's some decent coin they are talking about throwing at him. Gillett's strength is hole running on RHS inside red zone. That's the one area we are struggling with making any inroads with. I can't see how bringing someone like him in magically solves DCE's attacking issues, especially without Killer on that edge next year. Buhrer takes pretty decent lines as it is, what do we do with him if Gillett comes ??

I'm hoping our signing will be a real quality outside back or a forward with real impact, someone who can bust a game open with size and power.
Reckon Gillett, should he sign, will do wonders for us, great defender, strong runner and he leads by example. The broncos missed him dearly when he was out injured... Also believe Green is the answer to DCE's problems, a few weeks into the season I looked at the off contract halves, thought of how they would or wouldn't work with daly and easily picked green, there couldn't be a better 5/8 in the comp for daly than Blake Green, other then Foran but he isn't coming back I don't think.

The backs aren't to be worried about unless both Snake and Skivy don't return but surely Bozo has already been taking care of this one, may be the reason we released 17 players as we could've already signed Blake Green and Matt Gillett behind the scenes and now needed money to sign a quality back (not religious but hell im prayin it's not bloody Uate, well aren't we all...)

Adding Green or Cullen should go a long way to alleviating pressure from DCE.

Adding a genuine 5/8 will provide more attacking options - Gillett could be the beneficiary of that and give us a weapon we've been lacking.

Blake Green's signing hasn't been announced because he's still playing finals for the Storm. He himself has publicly said that he doesn't want anything announced until the season is over, though I think its a given that he's going to be a Sea Eagle in 2017 at the very least.

Gillett is in the "I hope so" category, but I to think that he has already signed with us as well but nothing is being said until Brisbane are done with the finals (so hopefully we'll know after week 2 of the finals lol).

Uate....we could do better but at the same time we could also do worse. And its not like we couldn't use his speed and experience. Uate playing outside of Walker could be a potent right edge combination, especially with DCE on that side of the field most of the time.

Of those we have let go.....Killer and Knight are the only ones I wish weren't going. I know we're getting Green but losing someone of Killer's quality is going to be tough.

As for Bozo.....he's copped a very bad rap in recent times, mostly because he's presided as selector over NSW's decade of Origin failure. But I find it hard to bag the bloke considering what he has done not only for Manly over the years but rugby league in Australia. You either love him or hate him, but other than the nepotism he really does have Manly at heart and would only want what is best for the club. And frankly, if not for him we wouldn't have been able to keep DCE. We'd already lost Foran and Bozo was the one who convinced Cherry to stay. Without that, who would have been out full time half back this year.....Api? Godinet? Moltzen?

Would we have Dylan Walker or Marty Taupau if not for Bozo? Walker may have his own issues, but the guy is a quality centre and will go a long way to covering the loss of Killer while Marty's form got better and better as the year went on. Unfortunately we had to lose Hiku and Gutho to get them, but that was more Mateo and Burgess not leaving than the club wanting them gone.

The cull over the past 2 years has also shown that Bozo has lost none of the ruthlessness that made him so successful as both a player and coach. I mean, who agreed it was the right decision when he let Phil Blake go at the end of 1986? Yet out of that came a move for which we're forever grateful.....moving Cliffy from lock to 5/8.

I don't think we're in for the quick fix that was promised for this year, but I do think we might be in for a better 2017 provided we have a good run with injuries

Blake Green's signing hasn't been announced because he's still playing finals for the Storm. He himself has publicly said that he doesn't want anything announced until the season is over, though I think its a given that he's going to be a Sea Eagle in 2017 at the very least.

Gillett is in the "I hope so" category, but I to think that he has already signed with us as well but nothing is being said until Brisbane are done with the finals (so hopefully we'll know after week 2 of the finals lol).

Uate....we could do better but at the same time we could also do worse. And its not like we couldn't use his speed and experience. Uate playing outside of Walker could be a potent right edge combination, especially with DCE on that side of the field most of the time.

Of those we have let go.....Killer and Knight are the only ones I wish weren't going. I know we're getting Green but losing someone of Killer's quality is going to be tough.

As for Bozo.....he's copped a very bad rap in recent times, mostly because he's presided as selector over NSW's decade of Origin failure. But I find it hard to bag the bloke considering what he has done not only for Manly over the years but rugby league in Australia. You either love him or hate him, but other than the nepotism he really does have Manly at heart and would only want what is best for the club. And frankly, if not for him we wouldn't have been able to keep DCE. We'd already lost Foran and Bozo was the one who convinced Cherry to stay. Without that, who would have been out full time half back this year.....Api? Godinet? Moltzen?

Would we have Dylan Walker or Marty Taupau if not for Bozo? Walker may have his own issues, but the guy is a quality centre and will go a long way to covering the loss of Killer while Marty's form got better and better as the year went on. Unfortunately we had to lose Hiku and Gutho to get them, but that was more Mateo and Burgess not leaving than the club wanting them gone.

The cull over the past 2 years has also shown that Bozo has lost none of the ruthlessness that made him so successful as both a player and coach. I mean, who agreed it was the right decision when he let Phil Blake go at the end of 1986? Yet out of that came a move for which we're forever grateful.....moving Cliffy from lock to 5/8.

I don't think we're in for the quick fix that was promised for this year, but I do think we might be in for a better 2017 provided we have a good run with injuries
Concur, I would have loved Bozo to come in and work with Toovs...but alas, it was not meant to be

People got way ahead of themselves with Liam Knight...the kid is a goose of the highest order and his dad was a suck hole coming on here lapping up all the praise and disliking anyone that condemned his sons actions when he drove drunk and sprayed aeroguard in his mouth.

Apart from Vave the rest are very good decisions.
You got a big mouth Snake, you got anything to back it up grub ? just another internet troll as far as im concerned crawl back under your rock for everyones sake ****bag

I back up my mouth with brains which is more than your son has! I don't need stoop to primitive male combat to get my point across. Enjoy the Roosters forum you kiss arse!
sure you do scum bag sure you do such a keyboard hero you are very impressive low life

Good on you Clay well said mate lol

Was extremely gutted/hurt to hear about Liam, he was a Manly boy and had so much to offer our club. I don't know what is going on with the franchise management, but I do know they really stuffed this up. He should never have been let go, Liam is talented and will be a future star, no doubt about it.

I just want to wish your son all the very best and I thank him for all his hard work whilst at Manly.

And all the best to you @Pappa Knight and your family.

@Pappa Knight I am sorry it had to end this way with our club and Liam.
Maybe one day he may be a Sea eagle again . Never say never .
images.jpg

Was extremely gutted/hurt to hear about Liam, he was a Manly boy and had so much to offer our club. I don't know what is going on with the franchise management, but I do know they really stuffed this up. He should never have been let go, Liam is talented and will be a future star, no doubt about it.

I just want to wish your son all the very best and I thank him for all his hard work whilst at Manly.

And all the best to you @Pappa Knight and your family.
Thanks Eagleheart and same to you D

I hope you are right.
I think he might be. If he had signed with the Boncos already (as suggested by Badel and others), wouldn't it have been perfect timing to announce it on the eve of the finals? The fact no announcement has been made makes me think we will hear he has signed with us after the Cowboys knock them out next week.

Given my track record we can now expect Brisbane to announce his re-signing first thing in the morning.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6