Depth for 2010

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

King

Reserve Grader
Just looking at depth in different positions.
I've listed positions with the first player being the strongest player in the position(s) (in my opinion) and then listed possible replacements in order of most likely to be the replacement if injury or suspensions occured

Fullbacks
B Stewart
M Robertson
W Hopoate
B Farrar

Wing
M Robertson
D Williams
B Farrar
A Suniula
T Williams
W Hopoate
D Whare

Centre
J Lyon
S Matai
B Farrar
T Williams
K Foran
A Suniula
D Whare

5/8
J Lyon
K Foran
C Bailey
T Williams

Halfback
T Hodkinson
K Foran
D Cherry-Evans

Prop
J Perry
B Kite
J King
G Rose
J Gulavao
M Cross
V Mauro
P Morwood

2nd Row/Lock
A Watmough
G Stewart
S Rodeny
J Gulavao
C Bailey
T Williams
V Mauro
D Lussick
J Palau
J Buhrer

Hooker
M Ballin
T Seu Seu
K Foran

Plenty of depth, just a little skinny around the halves as expected.

Tony Williams added to 5/8 (won a qld cup grand final playing there) as per eggson.

2 injuries in the backline and we are in trouble I reckon, especially in the centres. Say if we lose Snake and Killer (worse case scenario) then we are looking decidedly shakey.

1. Robbo
2. Wolfman
3. Matai
4. Farrar / Foran
5. T-Rex / Farrar
6. Foran / Bailey
7. Hodko

Adequate but not premiership threatening IMO.

Our depth is better than many sides....have a look at say Penrith / Sharks and Raiders.....I agree halves will be tested, but otherwise I'm pretty cool wqith these guys!!

Our front row is a bit scary.  Ideally you want at least 4, preferably 5 on a rotation.  5th on your list is a guy better suited to 2nd row, 6th is a guy coming back from major injury, 7th is undersized and destined for park football soon and 8th is a guy that, well it's Morwood!  2-3 injuries (as can happen in such an attritional position) and we're in trouble it would seem.

Matabele link said:
Our front row is a bit scary.  Ideally you want at least 4, preferably 5 on a rotation.  5th on your list is a guy better suited to 2nd row, 6th is a guy coming back from major injury, 7th is undersized and destined for park football soon and 8th is a guy that, well it's Morwood!  2-3 injuries (as can happen in such an attritional position) and we're in trouble it would seem.

Actually Matabele i disagree, I think we a very well covered in that position compared to other teams and other positions wihtin our own team.

We have the two starting props then the two on the bench (thats what des uses) and then we have cover for two injuries then if a third injury to the props position occurs then thats when we sart to go to second graders which is very good compared to other teams.

Then you compare that too the Second row/Lock where we usually have 3 starting (inc Lock) and one on the bench. So if we have one injury then we have Bailey two injuries we have T.Williams who are both playing out of position, i mean honestly Bailey isnt a proper second rower and T.Williams is being trained to cover the centre and would be playing out of position. 

That is according to Kings Depth for 2010 though, I thought Cross could also cover Second row or is he another prop?

But as with everyone else I am more concerned about the centres

Cross is a prop and played of the bench for the storm, 5 first graders is pretty good depth, not many teams could top that.

Saturday night will give a pointer to what's going on.  I just hope all the lazy play from last year is gone and some steel come back into the team.

We were pretty lucky with prop injuries last year. If that reverses this year I also think we're not looking too bad. If 3 go down at once any team would struggle but usually it's not as concentrated as that.

I've just added a few players in that i had originally forgotten.

Andrew Suniula - Centre/Wing
Shane Neumann - Centre/Wing
Tom Browne - Prop

Yeah Neumann went to the Dogs or something didn't he?  He signed for SCSE then got the offer so signed with another NRL club

yeah thank **** they both went to the dogs, as they have been both training with them for yrs. full strength is very scary but thats me being bias. the 3 quaters will be interesting, as loads of players there, halves too, but forwards just keep going forward.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7