Depth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Boozo

Reserve Grader
Successful seasons are defined by what a team does when it's NOT at full strength. Compare last nights effort to the game in Rnd 2 last year against the Chooks. We had no right to win that game but the new guys, inspired by Foran grabbed the opportunity with both hands and did us proud. Even though it was early days, that win showed that the team had real grit and that when needed, our backup players could be relied upon.

Our current crop of newbies don't look ready for 1st grade yet. Maybe there are too many at once. I know it takes time and I'm confident our full strength team can blow anyone off the park but you need depth and a bit of luck to win a premiership. We are lacking both at the moment.

Tooves isn't Hasler(yet) and he too needs time. While it's true that he's not the one missing tackles it is his job is to get the team into that steely, disciplined mindset where tackles aren't missed and mistakes are minimal.Sort the commitment and discipline and the luck will follow.

Parra were as good as they can be yet were still poor. We were worse. Flogging Penrith next week would go some way to steadying the ship before we get some talent back.

The Easts match was on a sunny Sunday afternoon when we seems to play much better. That's my reasoning!

A big win at Brooky could do wonders for the teams confidence, that's for sure. We have to do our part and fill Brooky with 20k fans to help the boys along.

torana355 said:
A big win at Brooky could do wonders for the teams confidence, that's for sure. We have to do our part and fill Brooky with 20k fans to help the boys along.

Well said Torana, all Sydney based fans need to get off the lounge & get down to Brookie for the Penrith game. The boys need some encouragement from the maroon & white army!

First home game since winning the premiership!

That deserves a crowd, might even try to come down myself..

I remember plenty of posters saying we should blood some young blokes. We have done that through injury and suspension and now we have posters bagging them.

The only problem I see is that we had to blood some who may have not been ready yet but we had no choice.

The dog only blooded one player at a time i.e anyone remember Buhrer who many games he sat on the bench with 0 minutes in his debut and limited mins from then on. He is now playing 80 minutes.

We've been spoilt we success and I'm happy to blood some young blokes. We're not going to win the comp every year so a few losses at this stage of the season is nothing to worry about.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
First home game since winning the premiership!

That deserves a crowd, might even try to come down myself..

Yep and its a public holiday too which means i can go :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4