DES again under the Radar

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Does what we see today stem from the debacle created by Ha$$ler??
He become a problem once he became bigger than the club in his own mind.
Knew he was leaving & began the backended contracts & poaching that caused the initial internal bleeding that imo, has never really stopped.
Its a cruel world with the loyal Tooveys head is on the chopping block & Hasler slides under the carpet of dishonesty & betrayal, watching the circus unfold - largely due to the dagger he slipped in from behind.
There's plenty of people who can choose to smother this with calls of poor player negotiations, greed ect, but the fact is, this was a harmonious club before that crap went down & Des was the catalyst.

Does what we see today stem from the debacle created by Ha$$ler??
He become a problem once he became bigger than the club in his own mind.
Knew he was leaving & began the backended contracts & poaching that caused the initial internal bleeding that imo, has never really stopped.
Its a cruel world with the loyal Tooveys head is on the chopping block & Hasler slides under the carpet of dishonesty & betrayal, watching the circus unfold - largely due to the dagger he slipped in from behind.
There's plenty of people who can choose to smother this with calls of poor player negotiations, greed ect, but the fact is, this was a harmonious club before that crap went down & Des was the catalyst.

Yes let's blame Des it makes it so much easier than looking in the mirror.

Ha - I was thinking a very similar thing Maxta on the drive into work this morning.

I think in the herald today he was saying how sad it was that all these guys are leaving now which is amusing to say the least...

Is that your way of saying he has nothing to do with the current situation?

Current situation yes. We offered both players 1 mill and they can't wait 2 get out of the joint. Des ****ed us around when he quit but it is a mighty long bow 2 blame him for this ****. I will also point out that every club at the time had back ended contracts. Des could have said no back ended contracts and lost 3-4 star players and we wouldn't have one the Grand Finals.

Current situation yes. We offered both players 1 mill and they can't wait 2 get out of the joint. Des ****ed us around when he quit but it is a mighty long bow 2 blame him for this ****.
Des is the ultimate traitor but, I agree this current situation has sweet FA to do with him. The buck stops with management IMO.

Certainly not the Captain of the Sh** ship now, but can proudly be called the bloke who sailed it from smooth shores into "dead man walking peninsula" then jumped off with his floats to Belmore

Certainly not the Captain of the Sh** ship now, but can proudly be called the bloke who sailed it from smooth shores into "dead man walking peninsula" then jumped off with his floats to Belmore

That is just wrong in so many counts it's laughable who sailed this ship from the scrapyard 2 the safe seas Des? Des ****ed us in the end but don't let your hate blind you 2 the fact that he built this roster.

The last 5 years have been a dysfunctional roller coaster and the success of the team has hidden this.

Time for some good old fashioned honesty about where we are as a club.

Haslers empire is now over. Time to rebuild a new era.

That is just wrong in so many counts it's laughable who sailed this ship from the scrapyard 2 the safe seas Des? Des ****ed us in the end but don't let your hate blind you 2 the fact that he built this roster.
Well its a fair call to give him initial credit, he done some great things - but don't let the success blind you that the same bloke tore down what he created in ruthless fashion -igniting the flame that burns brightly today.
Hate is probably overrated in this instance - but I don't find it so funny when someone saves you from drowning - pulls you out the water - then shoots you - but remember , he did save you first

Well its a fair call to give him initial credit, he done some great things - but don't let the success blind you that the same bloke tore down what he created in ruthless fashion -igniting the flame that burns brightly today.
Hate is probably overrated in this instance - but I don't find it so funny when someone saves you from drowning - pulls you out the water - then shoots you - but remember , he did save you first

I don't and won't buy the Des blame game for today's problems you do it's best we agree 2 disagree

It seems that we hired David Perry as CEO in 2011 who was aligned to quantum and he fell out with des zorba crusher the Stewarts and watmough which eventually led to watmough and Glenn Stewart leaving. He did seem to do a good job though. However he did get on well with Foran and DCE but just as he was about to resign DCE he gets the chop and Joe Kelly comes in who falls out with Foran and DCE and can't get them signed.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8