Des and the Dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bennyeagle

Reserve Grader
This isnt another beat up about the dogs. Just a curious pattern that has come to me of late. Des,s love of the kiwis, give thought to this method of madness for a second, des recruits NZ reps to fill spots to avoid any sort of disruption to his team during the origin periods (which is a huge chunk of the year).

Take a look:

Frank Pritchard: NZ
Greg Eastwood: NZ
Krisnan Inu: NZ
Sam Perret: NZ
Dene Halatau: NZ
James Graham GB (Sill not available for origin)
Sam Casiano: NZ
Bryson Goodwin: NZ

Attempted to sign:
Kieran Foran: NZ
Ben Teo: NZ (NZ junior, whome im sure des would have thought would never play origin till now)

I may be totally wrong and just being silly, but its pretty smart if a coach actually has done this for that purpose, established NZ rep players really have nothing to look forward to out of the season besides the ANZAC test, four nations, and the world cup, they dont get the chance to play origin, which means that they are more readily available for the season with their club team. As a coach id consider them cheaper buys as they dont have that huge rep tag that the aussie players do (Excluding Benji and Kieran)

As i said before i may just be jumping the gun and look like a complete idiot.

But your thoughts on that topic !

A couple of problems with you theory, most of these guys were signed prior to Des arriving and his biggest signing to date is Trex a NSW rep.

Correct, but a coach would obviously have to know his roster before he heads there. He would have known that the boys he would be working with a pradominatly Kiwi. I did say i could be totally incorrect, dont hound me down lol, even if i am wrong id like your thoughts on weather you would sign kiwi players for this purpose.

I'm not howling you down mate but I think the $ not the roster were the big attractions for Des, that and the Dogs unlimited development funds.

Your point about signing players who will not feature in SOO is a good one but other than last year it has not helped the Warriors a great deal.

Haha you are right about the warriors, they are a team that never do well over the origin period when they should be taking full advantage of it. Im a big fan in the kiwi players and i think that they should stick to their heritage, id see alot of value in picking up quality kiwis. It would be a huge advantage throughout the season.......Que Kiwi Eagle !

I have heard that the dogs are signing kiwis because they are paying them in NZ dollars which enables them to get a lot more value out of the salary cap which is in AUD$.

They can also buy houses for the players parents in NZ which is outside the salary cap.

bennyeagle said:
Correct, but a coach would obviously have to know his roster before he heads there. He would have known that the boys he would be working with a pradominatly Kiwi. I did say i could be totally incorrect, dont hound me down lol, even if i am wrong id like your thoughts on weather you would sign kiwi players for this purpose.

Whether.... or not this is the case, it's not a bad scenario for a coach and one I'd never thought of before.

Nice thinking.

I do remember years ago thinking "Hey Manly are just a team full of Kiwi's!"

I can't remember when that was and I am pretty sure Des wasn't the coach.

Not sure if I'd sign a New Zealander solely for the non origin purpose. I'd be worried every second day Meniga would be trying to turn him into a Qlder. Kiwi's are too nice for that. ;)

All the more reason to encourage NZ to have a similar SOO series between Auckland and the Rest, or the North V South Island. Let them beat one another up.

Who gives a flying **** what De$ and the scumdogs are doing they can all go and **** themselves for all I care.

Hypothetically speaking if Des and the dirty dogs win the comp (lets hope not) how bad is it going to look for them when he has to get rid of half the grand final winning team to accomodate all the players they have signed .

Surely Bryson Goodwin is an Aussie? Son of one of the best indigenous players of the 70s. I don't buy your theory.

I spoke to 4 dogs supporters in the month that's past on different days on the train coming home from work. I wear my Manly Jacket everyday so most times I'm always asked about how I feel about Des leaving us, I state my opinion and advise that I think we offered the same money for him anyway in the end.. 3 of these dogs supporters are adamantly telling me that no its wrong that the dogs offer was way more than ours. They are hell bent that the dogs are paying des $850 K a season... Not sure if theres any truth to this but **** me that's like blown out of the water stuff. You guys think its true? Only reason I bring this up is because its come from 4 different supporters on 4 seperate occasions. I wonder what they are brown paper bag paying their players.. something don't sit right

SeaEagle007 said:
I spoke to 4 dogs supporters in the month that's past on different days on the train coming home from work. I wear my Manly Jacket everyday so most times I'm always asked about how I feel about Des leaving us, I state my opinion and advise that I think we offered the same money for him anyway in the end.. 3 of these dogs supporters are adamantly telling me that no its wrong that the dogs offer was way more than ours. They are hell bent that the dogs are paying des $850 K a season... Not sure if theres any truth to this but f**k me that's like blown out of the water stuff. You guys think its true? Only reason I bring this up is because its come from 4 different supporters on 4 seperate occasions. I wonder what they are brown paper bag paying their players.. something don't sit right

Whatever the offer, whatever Des's true intentions or motivations, he has put together a (so far) motivated and resilient mob over there... and they are looking good.:s

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7