Des delivers the same side - again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
no surprises there
my question is: will he have taught T Williams how to tackle, and to put his head down and run hard?
will he have told the players that their lazy inept performance on Monday night isn't anywhere near good enough and unforgivable?
will he get Perry to put in every week not just every now and then?
no no and no

Apparently Farrar had scans yesterday afternoon after the team sheet was submitted and it doesn't look good for him

In every game after a Monday night Des submits the same team sheet even after stretchered off injuries.

Its too quick a turn around to get a proper indication.

Fluffy - you are missing the point here.

What Baz is rightly saying is that Des week after week refuses to change the team - ESPECIALLY after woeful season destroying performances like Monday night's loss in Newcastle.

This team has NOTHING to fear no matter how badly they perform because they are the only team in the NRL where nobody ever gets dropped and nobody ever gets promoted or given a chance.

I will list the problems and solutions:

1. Farrar - tries so hard - but catching bombs is a elementary and mandatory fullback skill he does not possess - he must be replaced by Hoppa junior

2. Tony Williams - I am sick to DEATH of hearing how big he is or how great it was that he fended off 3 players - stats don't lie - game after game he makes 5 or 6 runs in 80 mins - Hoppa senior used to make 20 plus hit ups per match - the NRL is all about speed machine wingers like Gordon, Morris etc - and we do not have one - Robbo is ok just but no blinder anymore

10. Perry - sorry 6 hits ups a match is not good enough - in fact on Monday it was 4 hit ups - can you believe that - clearly he doesn't care - he MUST be dropped

12. Watmough - I'm sick of his messy handling - someone take him down to Brookie for 5 hours a day teaching him how to catch balls on the run in traffic

13. Glen Stewart - lose 5 kilos and start running straight lines

16. George - lose 10 kilos - it's the NRL not sunday park footy

17. Bailey - useless - must be dropped - cannot break the line and offers nothing - and talk about holding up a vital bench spot what's the point in him playing 10 mins a match??? Ask yourself this question what other team in the NRL top 8 would have Bailey in it's 17? Exactly.

I love people who want players dropped but offer no solutions...

So we are dropping williams, perry, choc, glenn and replacing with who?

excellent cf2
as usual nothing is held back from your spot and accurate assessment
really good to read and I support your comments 1000%
I can't believe Des picking the same side again and again
how can that possibly be justified as a strategy?
the team must think = this is easy $$, even if I half put in and play like crap I won't get dropped ( see cf2's telling stats )
what bull****

cf2 is back link said:
Fluffy - you are missing the point here.

What Baz is rightly saying is that Des week after week refuses to change the team - ESPECIALLY after woeful season destroying performances like Monday night's loss in Newcastle.

This team has NOTHING to fear no matter how badly they perform because they are the only team in the NRL where nobody ever gets dropped and nobody ever gets promoted or given a chance.

I will list the problems and solutions:

1. Farrar - tries so hard - but catching bombs is a elementary and mandatory fullback skill he does not possess - he must be replaced by Hoppa junior

2. Tony Williams - I am sick to DEATH of hearing how big he is or how great it was that he fended off 3 players - stats don't lie - game after game he makes 5 or 6 runs in 80 mins - Hoppa senior used to make 20 plus hit ups per match - the NRL is all about speed machine wingers like Gordon, Morris etc - and we do not have one - Robbo is ok just but no blinder anymore

10. Perry - sorry 6 hits ups a match is not good enough - in fact on Monday it was 4 hit ups - can you believe that - clearly he doesn't care - he MUST be dropped

12. Watmough - I'm sick of his messy handling - someone take him down to Brookie for 5 hours a day teaching him how to catch balls on the run in traffic

13. Glen Stewart - lose 5 kilos and start running straight lines

16. George - lose 10 kilos - it's the NRL not sunday park footy

17. Bailey - useless - must be dropped - cannot break the line and offers nothing - and talk about holding up a vital bench spot what's the point in him playing 10 mins a match??? Ask yourself this question what other team in the NRL top 8 would have Bailey in it's 17? Exactly.

When I first read this I thought you were being too harsh, and I was planning on saying so.  But when I read it again, I realised I actually agree with everything you have said.  Maybe you were a little harsh in singling out Glen, but all our FORWARDS need to start going FORWARD...

T-Rex is so frustrating.  If he applied himself I belive this guy could be one of the best players in the NRL, but that's a big IF.  If we let him go, I'm worried someone would find the key to the T-Rex ignition and he'd smash us!!

I would release Perry imediately.  He adds nothing.  No point in having guys around who don't care.  That kind of attitude can be infectious.

There is a difference between pointing out deficiencies and asking for 7 players to be dropped.
If we beat Storm by a good margin, will you be back to say right , these players deserve to stay because....... or will we hear nothing until we lose again.
Im not happy with the performances either but you know what , it happens , even to the best of us. I mean me for example , have scored an average of 2 goals per game in soccer this year , but didnt get any on the weekend. Now no one is screaming for me to be dropped.
It is 3rd grade though , oh and its soccer..hahahaha ...but im too old for league and cant arrord the injuries.

sure earl
I bet your attitude was right for every game you play in though
right?
thats the main issue here
laziness and really bad attitudes - I'm not making any of this up, it was all there for all to see last Monday night

Seriously, are BAZ and cf2 operating from the same IP address?

In any case, I don't necessarily disagree with many of your collective points, but the continual bagging of the coach ad nauseum after every loss and your collective high and mighty attitude generally stops me from rationally analysing your posts.

By saying player xyz MUST be dropped immediately, and by questioning the integrity of the coach, you are less inviting rational debate and more sounding like tossers.

They are human beings for christs sake..... To say you must have the same pumped up attitude for every game is not fair let alone completely possible.
Any little thing can be going through a players mind that can have have an adverse affect on their performance on any given night.

As a few have said , i too dont disagree with the action points made in the post , but to suggest we drop them is a bit harsh.

And my attitude all depends on if im on the promise that night. If I am , ill conserve my energy juuuust alittle bit.

earl link said:
There is a difference between pointing out deficiencies and asking for 7 players to be dropped.

I thought this is what cf2 was saying when I first read his post.  But when I read it again I realised he is actually only calling for 3 players to be dropped - Farrer, Perry and Bailey.

I don't think Farrar deserves to be dropped because he always puts in the effort, but cf2 does raise a valid point about his weakness under the high ball.  I'm not sure what to do about this problem to be honest.  I imagine Des would have spent plenty of time trying to fix it at training.

I agree that Perry and Bailey should be dropped.  It could be the exact kind of shake up this team needs.

But that's just my 2c as a lowly supporter...  I don't think Des should be crusified because he doesn't agree with me!

BAZ link said:
no SwornEagle
wrong
cf2 just points out the harsh realities that no-one wants to hear or face up to

The trouble is so many on here are operating in alternative realities

Just a couple of points on the players mentioned, and how the stats are so important and show all

Tony Williams, Manly's leading try scorer, fairly important stat left out of the debate there when assessing a winger. Was that because it didn't fit in with the need to bag the guy every weekend ?

Also on Josh Perry's stats for Monday night. Just wondering what you boys would consider a reasonable amount of hit ups for him in the opening 10mins where Manly didn't touch the ball ?

hey Gumby
cf2 and I are best mates
maybe I should check that that's ok with you first
you know......run it past you for your approval
cf2's points are right
and to earl's latest - yes the players are human beings but they are also paid professionals
as I am
if I turned up to a work meeting with a really lazy bad attitude and didn't deliver as I paid to do, I would get fired

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=BAZ link=topic=184467.msg281435#msg281435 date=1280891871]
no SwornEagle
wrong

Just a couple of points on the players mentioned, and how the stats are so important and show all

Tony Williams, Manly's leading try scorer, fairly important stat left out of the debate there when assessing a winger. Was that because it didn't fit in with the need to bag the guy every weekend ?

Also on Josh Perry's stats for Monday night. Just wondering what you boys would consider a reasonable amount of hit ups for him in the opening 10mins where Manly didn't touch the ball ?
[/quote]

As always Kiwi, a great post. But even people in alternative realities should get a say.

Perry adds no value to our team at the moment, so i say compromise. Drop him to the bench and see if he can be used as an impact player. Give Kite the starting spot, he has done ok this year. Has improved from the beginning of the year.

Drop Bailey and put Farrar in that utility bench spot. Bring Hoppa in at Fullback. But i think Hoppa is injured at the moment, so don't see any sense in changing the fullback role until he is fit. Farrar has been a great alternative fullback this year. His only weakness is the bomb. But then that's where the wingers can also help out.

I say dropping 1 player is fair, any more and it's a bit extreme at the moment.

BAZ link said:
hey Gumby
cf2 and I are best mates
cf2's points are right
and to earl's latest - yes the players are human beings but they are also paid professionals
as I am
if I turned up to a work meeting with a really lazy bad attitude and didn't deliver as I paid to do, I would get fired

And who do you you replace these players with?

Last I checked, we aren't flush with second tier talent.

A lot of the tries T-Rex has scored this year, could not have been scored by a lot of the others

abnc link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=184467.msg281465#msg281465 date=1280896635]
[quote author=BAZ link=topic=184467.msg281435#msg281435 date=1280891871]
no SwornEagle
wrong

[/quote]

As always Kiwi, a great post. But even people in alternative realities should get a say.

Perry adds no value to our team at the moment, so i say compromise. Drop him to the bench and see if he can be used as an impact player. Give Kite the starting spot, he has done ok this year. Has improved from the beginning of the year.

Drop Bailey and put Farrar in that utility bench spot. Bring Hoppa in at Fullback. But i think Hoppa is injured at the moment, so don't see any sense in changing the fullback role until he is fit. Farrar has been a great alternative fullback this year. His only weakness is the bomb. But then that's where the wingers can also help out.

I say dropping 1 player is fair, any more and it's a bit extreme at the moment.
[/quote]

Of course they should get a say mate, anyone should. Have noticed though that they haven't been around to have much of a say the past couple of weeks, I wonder why that is ;)

In no way was I saying Perry was great or should be a certain started, just the logic behind why he should be dropped is majorly flawed. As I said, it is pretty hard to take a hit up when we don't have the ball, which was the majority of the time Perry was on the park. The past 2 efforts from him had been good before Monday night. Would be happy for him to be dropped to the bench

I have also found all the comments about Perry having no passion and not caring on Monday night a bit perplexing as surely if somebody was out there not giving a stuff they wouldn't be sticking the mits up and throwing a few ?

BAZ link said:
hey Gumby
cf2 and I are best mates
cf2's points are right
as I am

No need to check with me Baz. Just noticed that you were agreeing with each other on every topic. Best mates or same IP address are the two logical assumptions.

It's more your statement like "cf2's points are right" that I was trying to refer to in my post. Neither of you state your case like it's an opinion... it's more that you and cf2 are correct and therefore anyone who disagrees is wrong.

I'm not saying you have to change how you post because of me - just saying that it doesn't necessarily lead to healthy debate, which is what a forum is all about.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4