Des Hasler "less than a top six finish this year will be a failure"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader

He made the observation after his team rounded off their pre-season campaign with a resounding win over premiers Wests Tigers at Brookvale Oval on Saturday.

``I'm not going to start making predictions about the top four or where we might finish, but we've got to aim higher (than last year).''

Lets hope he can deliver!

I am actually hoping the players deliver - they are the ones that run onto the paddock!

Yep, the players run on without a plan or the inspiration to compete. :doh:

btw, why do football teams have a coach :?:

It is good to see a target and now you can stop guessing byso!! :twisted:
:p

Its great. We now have the gauge of what Dessie thinks an achievement will be, I must say I'm surprised he didn't mention anything about record floggings.

We all secretly know that he's going for the hat trick ;) j/k

Well he jsut made it last year i guess we will finish 6th and over achieve this year

3 rounds left CW still room to slip!

That last 20 minutes of the Tigers trial was as good as we've played this year.

Well, i won't get too far ahead of mysef cuz we aren't there yet... i'm still taking it week by week but of late have obviously started to become alot more optimistic!!

I think we will finish top 6... but would LOVE to finish top 4 at least provided we play how we should and are capable of.. i will just be happy to have a decent crack at september footy

Bk's last game at Brooky. Potentially fighting for one more. The players will lift again for him.

I believe The Knights were running into form, anf they would have beaten The Dogs at Newcastle.

We're good.

It just takes a few games to ruin your season. Finising in the top 6 was never unreasonable as long as the boys improved and we were fortunate with injuries.

If they are serious about theirs finals aspirations though than they will not lose this weekends game, under any circumstance.

All in all this year, there have been some games manly could have won, and there are a few games where manly played well below par. But there hasn't been a big blow out like previous seasons, or games where they were getting smashed by 30 and snuck back to a fair score due to the other team putting the queue in the rack.

The eagles of '06 have sack, and that's a huge improvement considering what us fans have lived with for the past 7 or so seasons.

This has been the best season in a long time and I really can't see a problem with how the club is moving forward (albeit not as perfect as a spoilt brat would like) and have no reason to be disappointed until the rebuilding of the club & results start going backwards.

GF this year, prolly not, but not impossible.

Can't wait for Lyon to add some much needed attacking spark to the backline that has been missed since Cliffy Lyons left.

The futures bright........

Can't wait for Lyon to add some much needed attacking spark to the backline that has been missed since Cliffy Lyons left.

The futures bright........

With BK & Lylie going I hope we can get a couple of forwards to replace them otherwise we could be skinny up front in 2007

re: forwards: it'll happen wheel....prolly need Cuthbo to really stand up next year though so he and Stewart are suitable bench or starting players if/when required.

Lulu is a loss, but I'm happy with Kite, King, Rose and Bryant. 3 props on the bench is 1 too many. Or if they get a prop, Kite back to 2nd row.

Rumour has it that we have signed a lower grade prop/second rower from parra by the name of Jack afamsaga.

They say that he is a fair player and has a bit of size about him as well. Hopefully he will be a bit better than some of the other ex parra players we have signed in recent seasons.

The raiders seem certain that they have costigan signed for next year and hilder has signed with the titans. There is not much around to replace BK with although hopefully bluey southern might get a relase from the cowgirls as he would be a useful pickup.

not many players you wouldn't take from Parra PL team.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4