Des Hasler, Mal Meninga on coaching hit-list

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EagleAngel1986

Reserve Grader
I'm worried now, I didn't realise his contract was up so soon!
I really really hope that Des stays!!

Does anyone have any insight to this??

"FOOTY legend Mal Meninga has signalled his intention to make an NRL coaching comeback and Penrith have earmarked Manly's premiership-winning coach and former club junior Des Hasler for a shock return to the Panthers next season.

Meninga's possible return and the revelation Hasler could soon be a free agent have thrown more coaching jobs into doubt. At least seven clubs are still uncertain who will be in charge next year.

The Panthers have been made aware Hasler could be available in June because the Sea Eagles are baulking at extending his contract for another two years.

Hasler's performance in winning the 2008 grand final 40-0 against a Melbourne Storm team spending $1 million more than his own side is considered one of the greatest coaching performances of the modern era.

He has an option in his contract that can be activated in June this year. It allows him to go elsewhere if the Sea Eagles board doesn't offer him an extension.

The Penrith board met again on Wednesday to discuss Matt Elliott's future and while no names were discussed as possible replacements, at least two board members are strongly in favour of chasing Hasler.The former Test and Origin halfback had two seasons at Penrith before switching to Manly in 1984 and going on to win two premierships. He has been head coach at Manly since he took over from Peter Sharp in 2004. Apart from his first season, has made the finals six years running."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/des-hasler-mal-meninga-on-coaching-hit-list/story-e6frexnr-1226031631748

Can't see Des leaving Manly to coach anyone else now, seems like the media is fishing for a story.

Non-issue IMO.

Must be April Fools.  Des is a passionate coach and he would lack passion for any other club.

I dont think des will leave as long as manly are fair and want him. But if he did go to another club he would put his all into it . Des may be conservative, but he comes across as a man with massive amounts of integrity, very loyal and committed, and he wouldnt let his employer or his team down

If he were to coach the chocky soldiers he would be just as passionate to his team for sure, but he would still support Manly

I'm not surprised that there is interest in Des from other clubs. He is one of the premier coaches in the game.

The attention will be flattering to Des but, as previously stated, I can't seem him showing any real interest.

Apart from the April 1 aspect, there was a report only a week or so ago saying the Club board had agreed to Des satying put and thus allow him to be the first Manly 1st grade coach to notch up 10 years in a row in that role.

If we get Bennett, yes. If we get Meninga, yes, but not because of his coaching, because of the QLD origin players it may draw to our shores.

Other than that, no....unless it is an existing coach that could bring players with him like Bennett seems to do.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4