Des Hasler said:

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des Hasler said, "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time coaching the wonderful group of young men over the last 8 years at the club. Our success is a testament to the hard work ethic and respect exhibited amongst the playing group and football staff. Despite my ongoing discussions with the Board for over 12 months regarding a new contract with the Manly club, we simply could not align our future thoughts. Whilst it would have been financially advantageous for me to stay at the Manly Club, I have elected to take up the challenge of building in a new direction with the Bulldogs from 2013. It will be business as usual for me at Manly during 2012."

WTF IS WRONG WITH OUR CLUB?

Rambo1987 said:
He needs to step down now and be Tooves assistant - if he is a true Clubman (but he left already)

Spot on Rambo in my mind he has sullied his name already, if he wants to go he should resign and let us get on with it but he is holding a gun to our heads knowing if we sack him we lose players. Poor form from a champion of our club

Still no mention of the fans and our unwavering support the last 8 years. I know there are rumours galore about playings leaving but the only thing that would make me feel good atm would be a joint press conference form Foran, Stewarts, etc come out and say "I love playing for this club, and for the fans. Des has been great for us but we have committed to staying together on the Northern Beaches and look forward to being just as successful under Geoff Toovey" ... well I can only hope.

Why don't our head honchos such as Penn hold a media conference anf explain what happened?

****ing gutless

The old saying Don't shoot the messenger !!! Des was employed by the club, the club didn't move quick enough to get him, bulldogs were quicker, I will miss Des, but we will move on, just like we did after Bozo. Don't blame Des for looking after himself and his future, wouldn't we all ???? The only issue I have is why o why the dogs.

I can't believe your turning on Des, this is like a scumdogs forum after we beat them, they all whinge how they hate Des and how he is a Whinger and a grub. Well now they have the best coach in the business and they are all over the moon about it, BLOODY HYPOCRITES.

If I read into it Des wanted to stay and required a certain structure to keep developing the juniors etc. For whatever reason this was not granted and the owners , Football club and all the board members should hang their heads in shame in allowing their personal agenda’s get in the way.

If anyone is to go it should be the faceless men.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
OneEyedEagle said:
I can't believe your turning on Des, this is like a scumdogs forum after we beat them, they all whinge how they hate Des and how he is a Whinger and a grub. Well now they have the best coach in the business and they are all over the moon about it, BLOODY HYPOCRITES.

If I read into it Des wanted to stay and required a certain structure to keep developing the juniors etc. For whatever reason this was not granted and the owners , Football club and all the board members should hang their heads in shame in allowing their personal agenda’s get in the way.

OneEyedEagle said:

The only problen OEE is that nobody will name these faceless men, all we see now is finger pointing, inuendo and lies. Why doesn't anyone name them so we can get rid of this cancer and make sure this doesn't happen again.

All of them - even Des - are trying to score political points. Des wants the world to know he's not money hungry and that it's the board's fault he's gone. But that was the easy way out. If he really gave a stuff about the fine young men he's worked with for the last eight years, he would have tried to tough it out. Sure, he's proved a point to the owners and the board, but he's stabbed the club and the fans right through the heart.
Don't get me wrong - I'm not for a minute suggesting nobody else at the club was at fault. It sounds like they ALL stuffed up. Right now I'm sick of the lot of them. 2013 can't come soon enough.

I really can't see Des finishing the 2012 season as coach. Him leaving in the manner he has, it's just too painful for all involved.
It will be very interesting to see how the players will react to the news. I rekon a few of them would be thinking, why should I play for the coach when he's abandoning us.
I just can see it ending it tears before or midway through the season. Theres no way Arko would let him coach 2012 knowing that he's leaving the club.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
All of them - even Des - are trying to score political points. Des wants the world to know he's not money hungry and that it's the board's fault he's gone. But that was the easy way out. If he really gave a stuff about the fine young men he's worked with for the last eight years, he would have tried to tough it out. Sure, he's proved a point to the owners and the board, but he's stabbed the club and the fans right through the heart.
Don't get me wrong - I'm not for a minute suggesting nobody else at the club was at fault. It sounds like they ALL stuffed up. Right now I'm sick of the lot of them. 2013 can't come soon enough.
Completely agree Ron, its a completely self serving statement were he takes the credit for our success and says its not about the money yet he's off to the dogs for twice what he was on this year. He complains about not having enough money yet when the club tries to increase revenue by employing new staff he gets the ****s. If he had any integrity he would quit now. That statement shows he won't get on with management next year, just quit Des then ill have a bit of respect for you.

Ron E. Gibbs said:

Agree that this is terrible and heartbreaking Ron, and I pretty much agree with most of what you've said here.Its all political pointscoring now from all sides - people have obviously fallen out bigtime for this to happen the dreadful way it has.

As much as I love and respect all that Des has done for our club, I'm very sorry to say that by leaving in this manner he has let down every Manly fan in a very big way. He could have stayed and worked through it all to change the situation, and with the help of many who would have supported him got rid of poisonous board members who had it in for him or could not work harmoniously with what he wanted. KPIs are an insulting joke for someone of the calibre of Des Hasler!

Heard Zorba's interview today with Ray Warren and interesting to hear his side of it. Much as I personally think he is not best suited to the media manager role but wonderful for the player liason role, I think that Zorba should definitely be on the Manly board for all the passion and experience that he would bring to it. His heart is in the right place for this role. Warren asked Zorba if he had been approached to be on the board and he said no.

Zorba is a wonderful ornament to the club and should stay in an important role (if he wants to of course).

We know who the so called 'faceless men' are - the board members are well documented and we know who the main one who wrangled with Des and Zorba is.

But we need to know all of the facts of what has happened - and we can't get that by reading coloured pointscoring media writeups. We need to know the reasons why Des and the board did what they did.

We need to keep our minds open, otherwise its just fingerpointing based on opinion and media hearsay

I'd like to see Reilly front the media seeing as it is clear the rift between him and Hasler has caused this debacle.

Imagine if Zorba was elected onto the board!!! All parties would have egg on their face. Clearly this could be one positive.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6