Des Hasler - The Utility Player

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Anyone know where i can get my hands on a copy of Tom Kenneally biography of the legend that is Dessie? its out of print and i really wanna buy a copy (as opposed to borrowing it from the library) any pointers appreciated...

pencapchew said:
Anyone know where i can get my hands on a copy of Tom Kenneally biography of the legend that is Dessie? its out of print and i really wanna buy a copy (as opposed to borrowing it from the library) any pointers appreciated...

In the back of Jamie's utility, under the radar!

Tom K is working on an updated version that takes it up to the present and includes a forecast of at least five more premierships for Manly before Des retires.

I've got one at home. Really one of the worst sporting biographies I've read. Tommy's style didn't sit well with me when your talking about a footy legend.

I've got it , you can borrow it from me if I can find it amongst the stacks. Send me a PM.

I have a copy,signed by Des, I bought it from a second hand bookstore in Newtown a couple of years ago, it took a bit of searching on the net for one as they are out of print.
As far as football biographies go,I think I could have done better,

I lost my copy in our move from Brisbane to Lismore, but as has been said it was no "Schindlers list".

If i remember correctly Des has a brother who became a missionary and Des toyed with the idea himself. Might help with Hoppa.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6