Des Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
I am concerned that Hasler will not give Cuthbo / Ballin a shot. Reasons:- He's SOO adverse to change. Examples:-

01. Mullane at 5/8 way too long
02. Walker at fullback way too long
03. King playing 1st grade
04. Sam Harris playing injured way to long
05. Paul Stephenson in the centres way too long
06. Captaincy issue went on longer than any other team

I don't find Des Hasler to be that quick to impliment change when required. I don't feel there is much innovation.

Anyway, most of you have seen my new YART and agree. What's the betting Des thinks something thouroughly different.

I guess that's his job to do, but please refer to above examples again...

i think this year is a bit different.

Cuthbo will get a go because we need him in the Prop rotation. There simply are not enough props and some of the ones we have just dont live up to it. Cleal was like a powder puff on saturday night the rossters just ran over him or through him without a care

Some people would say that adverse to change is Loyalty. If so that may pay back later.

Confidence is an important commodity in sport (and life) and who can put their hand up and say they have never had a shocker?

Totally agree with you Ryan, I for one cannot understand what he sees in Kane Cleal. He is too slow, concedes far too many penalties and his defence is woeful. Clearly, he is doing Crusher a favour keeping him around - an average PL player at best.

The incredible thing about Kane is that those inside the club say that he trains as hard as anyone, he is dedicated and committed. He was very good as a junior but for some reason he hasn't impressed in the top grade.

Props often mature later and the game has changed, demanding greater mobility from those in the middle of the ruck. Some would argue that the lumbering battering ram type of prop is a dying breed, being replaced by mobile, less big forwards.

The incredible thing about Kane is that those inside the club say that he trains as hard as anyone, he is dedicated and committed. He was very good as a junior but for some reason he hasn't impressed in the top grade.

Props often mature later and the game has changed, demanding greater mobility from those in the middle of the ruck. Some would argue that the lumbering battering ram type of prop is a dying breed, being replaced by mobile, less big forwards.

Which really makes Cuthbo all the more important. A mobile 2nd rower come prop. he certainly fits the bench spot well in Ryans YART.

Ryan is right in some respect. It did appear last season that Hasler was willing to wait and see if things would suddenly improve on their own.

However I'm not going to say the club should rip him from his position after running PL players in this years first trial.

IMO, kudos for giving the big guns a bit more of a break, god knows we will need them come season proper.

BTTT

Funny how Dessy has resorted back to the ol faithfull when naming his "full str" team. I say we need a coach who is willing to change, and be innovative. Hasler is too focused on the loyalty piece.

I am hoping the term "full strength" is used due to the fact Stewart, Kennedy, Menzies, Hicks etc are playing. Im confident a couple of changes will be made for the 1st NRL game.

No need to go off just yet.

If this was the team named for the NRL opener, well thats a different story.

Ryan - I will wait and see how the season pans out. Two good games doesn't make a season. We made the semis last year when many pundits tipped us for the spoon so I am not going to go overboard after the first trial.

Wait and see!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4