Des Haslers impending selection headache

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Eagle

First Grader
Ive just read that Farrar will be back from injury come finals time

Who would you pick,the pimple popping teenager who is safe as a house
under the high ball,or Farrar who honestly isnt the best catcher but creates
a Brett Stewart like injection into the backline,Hopoate's 1st taste of 1st grade should have came with mixed reviews,he was as safe as the prince under a high ball but made no concernable metres or extra injection into the sweeping right and left hand side ball movements which is basically a manly trademark

Farrar under a bomb makes baby jesus cry,but his attack is near as lethal as Bretts,Hopoate's running and in particular kick returns had the penetration of an egg sandwich on a solid titanium box,but under a high ball he might even be safer than our injured superstar Brett Stewart

More points or perfect bomb and kick defense,Des decides soon and oh my god how we miss Brett.....he is the best of both worlds

Who would you guys pick?

Kick Bailey off the bench for an outside back?
Whos on field place would he take when he comes
on at 60minutes?
Rodney perhaps(who i think is 80minute player)?
I think Ballin has proven himself over 80minutes this season
What role would he play?
Your idea of him on the bench is nice but it leaves alot
of questions

If Hoppa was 100% against the Storm, he would have been better. It was obvious he was tentative to run fast, and do note that he was picked despite being injured.

I would go for Hoppa, put Farrar on the bench to take Bailey's place. Farrar can cover backline injuries and if one of the halves or Ballin gets injured, Lyon can move to halves allowing one of Foran or Hodko to play hooker.

Another alternative is to bring Farrar in off bench and move T-Rex to forwards.

Hoppa for mine. I'd prefer a safe Fullback instead off an attacking one at the moment. Hoppa's positional play is actually pretty good. If Farrar is at fullback in the finals opponents will bomb us relentlessly. I get nervous every time a bomb goes near him.

We have enough attacking backline players, and i think Hoppa can still fit in the attacking line which he did occasionally last time. Considering he was playing injured i though he did a great job.

Farrar is a great option off the bench. He can cover 1 to 6  and 9 if need be. An excellent utility player to have on the bench. I'd have Farrar on the bench instead of Bailey any day of the week.

Thats a rather interesting prospect,T Rex moves from right wing to Rodneys place in the back row with Farrar coming on the right wing,he could very well be that injection of lethality we need during the last 20minutes of a game

Hopoate stays out the back and difuses multiple bombs,i know he was playing injured its just i havent seen enough toyota cup this year

But if fresh legs stay on the right wing theyll know where the points should be coming from unless he plays an attacking fullback roll and moves to wing in defense,interesting concepts tho

Farrar offers so much more to the team on the attack, Hoppa does the same in defence (Compared to Farrar anyway).

Given that we have quite a few points in us with Gift, Lyon, Matai & Choc running around i'd be happy with Hoppa there at fullback for the finals.

If Farrar can learn to catch a bomb he'd be great. He offers so much in attack & is a good defender, just can't catch. I'd be more happy with him there if we had some plan in place for another player to drop back in kicking situations with him moving onto a wing.

Problem with that being Robbo is just as useless under a high ball as well & T-Rex is T-Rex.

I wont be unhappy whichever way the decision goes to be honest. Big fan of both players.

Hoppa at FB and Farrar in for T-Rex.  Cannot believe I just said that as I have always been a big supporter of T-Rex.  If he can convince me on the weekend he deserves his spot then I have a re-think but at the moment Farrar deserves a spot over T-Rex

01. William Hopoate
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon (c)
05. Ben Farrar
06. Keiran Foran
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Tony Williams
15. Goerge Rose
16. Josh Perry
17. Joe Galuvao

Ryan link said:
01. William Hopoate
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon (c)
05. Ben Farrar
06. Keiran Foran
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Tony Williams
15. Goerge Rose
16. Josh Perry
17. Joe Galuvao

That is just a MASSIVE bench. They would collapse any reserves seats. Not a lot of speed or endurance but my god that is a MASSIVE bench.
I'd love to see that team Ryan I think you've nailed it.

Ryan link said:
01. William Hopoate
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon (c)
05. Ben Farrar
06. Keiran Foran
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Tony Williams
15. Goerge Rose
16. Josh Perry
17. Joe Galuvao

I like this team. Especially if farrar and hoppa can seamlessly swap in attack, could in itself cause issues though

Ryan link said:
01. William Hopoate
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon (c)
05. Ben Farrar
06. Keiran Foran
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough