"Des" Ja Vu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Was it only me that got a serious sense of deja vu watching the departure of Postecoglou from the Brisbane Roar ?

I think I've seen this somewhere before.

I think ang left the roar more for family reasons as he's from melbourne where his family & friends are.As for des-picable he supposedly needed a bigger challenge to improve his player poaching.

Postecoglou's contract was also up- its not as if he signed for Melbourne Victory for 2014 onwards...

No, Despicable has set a new low all to himself.

Was it only me that got a serious sense of deja vu watching the departure of Postecoglou from the Brisbane Roar ?

SeaEagleRock8 said:

Too funny.

That being said after seeing an interview with Ange tonight I wish our former coach had some of his class and humility. He basically said he didn't want any former players wanting to join him and he'd be disappointed if they did. He said players sign to play with a club, not for the coach. He also said as a coach its about the challenges for him.

I realise we probably don't have a lot of football/soccer followers here, but the way he has left his club after a GF win was handled a lot better times 1000 than what we've been through.

To identify character look to what people do, not what they say.

To identify the destructive influence in the pack, look to when people think they're separate from the pack.

Through money, Bulldogs have helped turn Des-picable into someone who fundamentally believes personal interests always prevail over pack interests. They've developed an ego fixated on its own reflection. The Bulldogs will reap what they sow.

As he does to Manly, he will do to the Dogs.

Rex said:

To identify the destructive influence in the pack, look to when people think they're separate from the pack.

Through money, Bulldogs have helped turn Des-picable into someone who fundamentally believes personal interests always prevail over pack interests. They've developed an ego fixated on its own reflection. The Bulldogs will reap what they sow.

Sometimes I do sudoku, sometimes I do cryptic crosswords, sometimes I read Rex's posts.
Any chance you can say that again using different words?

Ange was hired to do a job by Brisbane and he did it brilliantly. Ange does not have the association/history with Brisbane that Hasler had at Manly.

Massive difference.

Robbo said:
Ange was hired to do a job by Brisbane and he did it brilliantly. Ange does not have the association/history with Brisbane that Hasler had at Manly.

Massive difference.

You, and the rest of the posters, are 100% right Robbo.

Des did not handle things well where as Postecoglou did his job, honoured the entirety of his contract and then moved on. He is also not trying to take half the club with him.

I can't believe how Des-gusting that mongrel is.

Throughout the year it was pretty clear to most people he was going to leave the Roar. He's a very classy coach, and didn't hide any of his actions or seemed to try and deceive anyone. He will probably be the Australian coach after the 2014 World Cup.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Rex said:

Sometimes I do sudoku, sometimes I do cryptic crosswords, sometimes I read Rex's posts.
Any chance you can say that again using different words?

Rex strikes me as 'A Riddle Wrapped In A Mystery Inside An Enigma'. I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6