DES Rips into Gallop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
VIDEO
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/manly-coach-des-hasler-accuses-the-nrl-of-double-standards-over-todd-carney-affair/story-fn2mcuj6-1226016087266

Manly coach Des Hasler has accused the NRL of double standards over the Todd Carney affair, questioning David Gallop’s decision not to ban the Roosters star.

Hasler has questioned David Gallop and the NRL's decision not to ban Carney, while the Sea Eagles' Brett Stewart was outed for four weeks in 2009 for being intoxicated at a club function.

"I think he had a chance to be strong in a position as CEO, I think he’s also been a disappointment for the players," Hasler said.

"He is their CEO, he is the players leader at the NRL level.

"I think it’s a terrible inconsistency that’s gone about with the Todd Carney incident compared to the Brett Stewart incident.

"It’s disappointment for our point of view because there wasn’t the same leniency shown.

"(Gallop) had an opportunity to warn this particular player again, who’s a repeat offender.

"Brett Stewart was proven innocence at the highest level in a supreme court...  yet the players have been shown inconsistency.

"It was a good chance for David to be strong here.... he (should) be disappointed with himself."

Des has been one of Brett's staunchest allies all through his ordeal and it is no surprise he would pipe up in support of him once again at this time. Good on him for stating the obvious from his position as one of the most respected figures in the game.

Des sets a tremendous tone in the culture of our club, I hope he stays in some capacity after his coaching days are over.

I'd suggest him for CEO but he is probably too ethical and not slick enough for that role. "15 Chairmans" lol.

That is the best way to put your opinion, Des didnt attack or demand anything, jus stated his feelings on the issue.

He was not a happy chappy

Actually maybe I haven't given Des sufficient credit for political nous. By coming out the way he has it almost demands that Gallop make some response, which he will be unable to do without sounding totally lame and hypocritical.

Maybe Gallop is not quite over the line for CEO post-IC after all, and Manly would love nothing better than to make it tough for him. So double well done to Des for putting heat on Gallop. If there is not a better candidate for CEO of the NRL it is a sad state of affairs.

Excellent stuff Des, just saying what every Manly fan thinks

Galloping goose is as useless as ever.Thisll be a great independant commission with him leading it.

Dan link said:
That is the best way to put your opinion, Des didnt attack or demand anything, jus stated his feelings on the issue.

So your view of the matter was different to that of Fonz ?

Rambling disjointed monologue that serves no other purpose other than getting us offside with the NRL before a ball is kicked in 2011.

Des is my hero.

Who gives a stuff about sucking up to the likes of Gallop.  Tell it like it is.  That's integrity.  Well done, Des.

And any coach worth the time of day will support Des in this stance.

Hey Jatz i would like to know what your interpretation of my opinion is?

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299255225[/time]

P.S good speech by Des. Maybe they do read Silvertails forums? Or maybe this was planned? Who knows?

Should blow over in a week..
Des has a point, not going to do anything complaining about it tho..
Watmough's speeding & TRex DUI disappeared pretty quickly..

The way Gallop treated Stewart was shocking tho, fined and banned and left out to dry with no apology once cleared in the Supreme Court.

CLIT COMMANDER link said:
Rambling disjointed monologue that serves no other purpose other than getting us offside with the NRL before a ball is kicked in 2011.
Can see where you are coming from but how much longer so you think Des,staff and the players stand by and get **** on year after year on and off the field by these corrupt bunch of grubs?                About time someone has ripped into this muppet,just a shame Des is the only one in the NRL with balls.         Well done Dessie,now to focus on beating Gallops News Ltd Storm this week...

Dan link said:

Exactly Dan, he was basically saying Gallop has no balls without saying it.

He even called him by his first name when he said "David could have been strong". In other words inferring Gallop is gutless.

Classic Dessie.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8