Des time has come

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
OK Des the time has come to stop playing the mates game & penalise mediorcity.  Choc was pathetic tonight and as a result needs to pay the price and spend time in PL so he knows that there is a standard set and he at the moment is not up to it.

Missed tackle for first try and drop pill for their last try and not much in between

we have so much depth it might not be a bad idea... just a question, how long was ballin on for...20 mins??  apart from that stupid pass, le'strange looks to be a quality, and probable, 80 min player.  I'm no footy genius - i have no idea what fixes need to take place.  Maybe it's a mental thing, i don't think we cared for 74 out of those 80 mins

Remember mate - we have Bell / King and Bani to come back.
That said - your right - Des doesn't seem to instill that accountability and air of superiority Bellamy does.
We've looked flat 3 straight weeks...Gould was right there (unfortunately).

I think if anything, Des should have been more forceful if he wanted Choc to come off.  I saw him shrugging the trainers off and then a try happened. 

Hopefully they are back next week so we can get rid of some of the dirty dishwater

This kinda links in with the other thread i started and it's going in the direction of asking Bellamy for some hints - maybe picking the same 17 each week is a downfall.  For Origin Bellamy picked players (yeah not just Bellamy but the selectors) that could do the jobs of shutting down the particular players.  I dont know about every Manly player, but isn't it possible that FOR EXAMPLE: Bryant could destroy team A but against team F he can't and we'd need Jack A or something? 

i'm drinking too much and typing nonsense.  someone stop me!

Egg the only way des would drop Bryant is if mark handed back the phots of the goat & des sharing a quiet moment

The Wheel link said:
Egg the only way des would drop Bryant is if mark handed back the phots of the goat & des sharing a quiet moment

HAHAHA!  gold...

and look, i'm not bagging Bryant or anyone in particular but that reinforces the points made - a top 17 should be made of the best performing players/ players right for playinng the upcoming team.  I know it's super hard with all the cap restraints and whatnot but i think everyone agrees that Des needs to ...do something.  (dont ask me what!)

The 17 picked tonight were the ones who have gotten us our last 2 wins, and there weren't any other decent options anyway

I thought number 12 and number 9 in the under 20s comp showed some ticker.  Choc and matai were woeful.  Just who runs the side?  I could see Choc was wobbling and I wasn't playing for the dragons.  He should have gone to the sidelines immediately and been replaced.  We were rudderless tonight and it was a shame, as a win could have put us at the top of the ladder.  I hate being beaten by mediocre teams and it's happening regularly. 

DSM5 link said:
I thought number 12 and number 9 in the under 20s comp showed some ticker.  Choc and matai were woeful.  Just who runs the side?  I could see Choc was wobbling and I wasn't playing for the dragons.  He should have gone to the sidelines immediately and been replaced.  We were rudderless tonight and it was a shame, as a win could have put us at the top of the ladder.  I hate being beaten by mediocre teams and it's happening regularly. 

Sh!t, it sounds serious DSM5, dont drop your bundle. Keep your head up.

The Wheel link said:
OK Des the time has come to stop playing the mates game & penalise mediorcity.  Choc was pathetic tonight and as a result needs to pay the price and spend time in PL so he knows that there is a standard set and he at the moment is not up to it.

Missed tackle for first try and drop pill for their last try and not much in between

Idiotic comment of the week wheel. Choc was bordering on knocked out just prior with a headclash with Perry, yet you dont mention it. Why is that ?

Jatz, I thought number 12 and number 9 in the under 20s comp showed some ticker, or didn't you see it.  LeStrange was near our best and he should play 80 minutes.  Stewart was excellent as was Robbo.  I thought we  missed Bells defense, especially with the last dragons try.  My comment about Choc was valid and he should have left the field as instructed.  Just who was steering the ship tonight? Maybe Jatz you could comment on that.   

DSM5 link said:
Jatz, I thought number 12 and number 9 in the under 20s comp showed some ticker, or didn't you see it.  LeStrange was near our best and he should play 80 minutes.  Stewart was excellent as was Robbo.  I thought we  missed Bells defense, especially with the last dragons try.  My comment about Choc was valid and he should have left the field as instructed.  Just who was steering the ship tonight? Maybe Jatz you could comment on that.   

Well fluck me drunk. When prompted you can say something positive.

Good. I am pleased enough not to keep on at you.

Chocs dropped ball was reminiscent of Perrys headbut against the Knoughts to lose us the game. Let the whole team down.
How hard can it be to play the ball FFS! i hope Des kicks him up the butt and either benches him or drops him for a week. I would say Willo had a better game than Choc tonight.

Pepi link said:
Chocs dropped ball was reminiscent of Perrys headbut against the Knoughts to lose us the game. Let the whole team down.
How hard can it be to play the ball FFS! i hope Des kicks him up the butt and either benches him or drops him for a week. I would say Willo had a better game than Choc tonight.

Did you not see the Choc/Perry headclash ?

Being at the game all i saw was Choc looking a bit dazed for a few seconds, maybe he was still "out of it" on his pathetic attempted tackle on Scott - again hard to judge watching from the hill.

He certainly didn't recieve any empathy from the crowd on the hill after dropping the ball.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4