• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hope for his sake they set them low because another few weeks of this without him making significant changes to the playing roster and the pressures going to start.

Not dropping players and setting an example based on form whist searching for some kind of solution is pretty damning itself, I know Des is very loyal to his playing group but changes have to come.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
So who should be these players dropped, and which players coming in are going to improve the side ?

Not sure that’s why I'm not coaching

I'd try this - It gives you a more consistent forward rotation and may give a couple of guys a wake up call.

10.Cuthbo
9.Balin
8.Kite
11.Glen.s
12.Rodney
13. Bailey

7. Blood a young guy
6. Orford - Think he plays more like a 6 anyway
5. Williams
4. Matai
3. Lyon
2. Robbo
1. Need to find a solution - I know there's a couple of rumours floating round that many are in discussions with someone at present.

Giving you a Bench of: Hall, Watmough, Perry, King - I like LeSnack but if your going to try a new 1/2 the last thing you want is to try get that combo working with multiple Dummy Halfs. I'd only drop Watmough to the bench for a week then swap him with Chris Baily the next week.

Can't say I like your side much tbh

It is all well and good for many to say changes have to made etc, but there has to be a example thrown up as well to show why it would make the side better

In your side above, blooding a young guy at 7 will not be an answer at all, especially if you are moving a 200+ game premiership winning halfback to play along side him as an understudy. Swapping Williams with Robertson would be about the only way you could strengthen our backline at the moment to what we fielded on Saturday

Rodney at 10 would be a disaster, he is a backrower, and performing bloody well in his role at the moment. I also don't understand dropping our 2 best performing forwards of the season to the bench either, in Hall and Watmough

As I look at our pack, and what could improve it, a wake up call to Perry, and possibly King although I don't think King is travelling terribly, for Rose could be an answer there. JWH and Tony Williams also on the radar for a bench spot, although both are backrowers I think

Yeah clearly sticking to what where doing is the answer. what was the result of that again 2 -5 and I swapped Cuthbo with Rodney.

Watmough needs his ego adjusted and a week on the bench may do that - Plus I think he'd have a massive impact coming on after 20 - 25min and I wouldn't drop Hall on form - more as a more effective forward rotation so we have go forward on the field at all times - when Kites off hall should be on.

Kite and Hall should be given the responsibility of hitting the ball up every set on tackle 1 or 2 to get us moving forward - Kind of like forward leaders.

Why does Watmough need his ego adjusted ?

Our past 3 weeks, he has been our MOTM for 2 of them. 1 average game doesn't make him a big ego or whatever

The result of this current side Des is picking is 2-1 and looking better each week. Remember the 1st 4 losses were without Stewart, but on top of that Lyon, Matai and Wolfman all missing games and with injuries during the matches making the lineup switch even during them. Siniula and Neumann were the young fella's who got their go, and how did that work ? Most were crucifying them for their efforts

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[ b]Why does Watmough need his ego adjusted ?[/b[

Our past 3 weeks, he has been our MOTM for 2 of them. 1 average game doesn't make him a big ego or whatever

The result of this current side Des is picking is 2-1 and looking better each week. Remember the 1st 4 losses were without Stewart, but on top of that Lyon, Matai and Wolfman all missing games and with injuries during the matches making the lineup switch even during them. Siniula and Neumann were the young fella's who got their go, and how did that work ? Most were crucifying them for their efforts
because the media says so KE didnt you know and they are always right

Missing something??????? year missing a couple of brain cells posting **** like that imo

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=180224.msg220568#msg220568 date=1240812748]
[ b]Why does Watmough need his ego adjusted ?[/b[

because the media says so KE didnt you know and they are always right

Missing something??????? year missing a couple of brain cells posting S**t like that imo
[/quote]

My post has nothing to do with the media - I've seen no one make those suggestions - they are my opinion based on what I've seen, and the fact that what we've got clearly isn't working.

But Cliffy you commenting on S**t posts is ironic to say the least, your the king of turning someone’s opinion into a personal attack, and if you think it makes you look tough matey it doesn't, you regularly just come off looking like a wanker.

I agree he should have reasonable KPI's.

But you are certainly Missing Something, There really isn't many team changes to make except get these players heads in the right place.

IMO they should still be winning it's just that Dessie isn't getting the best out of them.

byso link said:
IMO they should still be winning it's just that Dessie isn't getting the best out of them.

So maybe the nice guy your positions safe routines run it's course then - IMHO they need a real shake up and if you don’t drop a few of them and change a few things round I can't see that being achieved.

I see this as a coaching issue. He's relied heavily on Stewy in attack and is now paying the price.

If you looked at last weeks players stats they did the job. High completion rates, low missed tackles and reasonable metres.

Certainly an improvement, but NQ were on fire and Burns finally had a good game. We simply weren't good enough. But we would have won the first few games if we played like that.

Byso, the Cowgirls weren't 'on fire' they were just better than us.  We bombed 18 points, enough to win the game.  Thurston and Bowen don't have grease on their pants, so they actually can be tackled.  Commitment and confidence are lacking.  I'd drop Bani.  He's clearly terrified at the moment and I'd give King and Ted a rest as well.  And I'd put Lyon at 5/8th and Rodney or Bailey in the centres.  Robbo back on his wing and bring in the 'reserve grade' Qld Cup fullback guy and WH.  There you go, a new look.

I agree Bani isn't much chop. Bowen carves up must teams when he has a go. Bailey is improving at 5/8 but I would like to see if Lyon could carry on with the end of 2008 form at 5/8 and place Bailey in the Centres.

byso link said:
I agree Bani isn't much chop. Bowen carves up must teams when he has a go. Bailey is improving at 5/8 but I would like to see if Lyon could carry on with the end of 2008 form at 5/8 and place Bailey in the Centres.

I would like to see that too.

[quote author=missing_something link=topic=180224.msg220546#msg220546 date=1240808819]

10.Cuthbo
9.Balin
8.Kite
11.Glen.s
12.Rodney
13. Bailey

7. Blood a young guy
6. Orford - Think he plays more like a 6 anyway
5. Williams
4. Matai
3. Lyon
2. Robbo
1. Need to find a solution - I know there's a couple of rumours floating round that many are in discussions with someone at present.

Giving you a Bench of: Hall, Watmough, Perry, King

If no win after the next 2 tough rounds, its 2 from 9. time then to experiment with basic stuff like halves combo.

For now, I'd agree the pigs could get a bit of a shakeup: perry to bench. but I'd put rose up to start; cuthbo is not really a frontrower and gives more of an edge attack when he comes on, with a bit of go forward.
I still think Lyon better at 5/8 to win some games. maybe get the bailey experiment going again if that happy situation eventuates.
but centre? Bailey? no, he should go in towards the pigs, not the other way. real problem here at centre this year.... don't have an answer to this.....

Wholesale changes are NOT needed...a shot of confidence is what IS needed.

Changing teams around every week will only lead to MORE lack of confidence!!

Des won us a premiership last year, he knows what he is doing far more than us!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6