developing silvertails

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
So here is a picture of how I have to sit here re-programming the new player of the year feature which I am going to release a new version next week.

It's not all glitz and glamour being part of this site, it's lost of trying to think through large issues whilst your daughter sits on your lap watching fairy movies.

So the new STPOTY will have a large contribution from Matilda

JNR UBER 733T HAXZOR!!!

+aww

Party on guys and I hope she's taken to the new country well!

globaleagle said:
Maybe Matilda can fix the server problems?

I offered her chocolate if she could fix it, but she wasn't able.

fact of the matter is Wordpress is killing our memory and CPU load, Ive made it as lightweight as I could but still no dice

Working on looking at alternative options.

Only issue is that any alternative comes with a lot of development time for me, so I need to find the best balance and fit

You do, and members are sympathetic to any way you see fit 'to balance'.

Dump wordpress! Problem solved.

Dumping wordpress means getting articles into a new system and designing a layout for that system and integrating the forums etc.

I could move everything to invision but then I'd have to reprogram the tipping comp which took months as it was, and so on.

It's no simple project and I just don't have time to invest in it. I'm considering a paid service to handle all this as well

You are always polite and respond, but you don't have to when I dunno what I'm talking about! (that's most times).

Well...ok I knew dumping wordpress was no simple thing/fix, but I didn't expect your reasoning behind such. You're time poor atm!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4