Did anybody else think Jamie's second conversion went over

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
I was watching it online and thought he'd kicked it to level the scores. Went and grabbed a bit of tucker and made a coffree, settled into the chair to be greeted by a 10-8 scoreline????????????

yeah i dont know. It looked like it was short from the way i saw it.

Will have to look at it again. I think that is the first time in a long time ive seen a conversion (not penalty) fall short.

Eagles2nv said:
yeah i dont know. It looked like it was short from the way i saw it.

Will have to look at it again. I think that is the first time in a long time ive seen a conversion (not penalty) fall short.

Since Mat Orford?

What about his first kick . He scores 5 metres in from touch,but he takes the conversion attempt right on the side line. Who marks the spot where kicks are taken from ?

It was on target but dropped onto the cross bar and bounced out. It's amazing to think it was 4 trys to 2 last night but killer missed every kick. I thought it was a bit cheeky of him to blame the Asics boots in the presser!

None from 4 wasn't a good night out. That last one should have been got, that WAS a bad miss. I was nervous going into that last 5 minutes with just the 6 point lead, and it nearly bit us. 24-10 would have been a lot nicer than 16-10.

The first 3 were from touch and didn't miss by much, 2 actually hitting the woodwork. I think he got every kick in one game recently (maybe Illawarra?) so I don't think it's a major problem.

Chip and Chase said:
None from 4 wasn't a good night out. That last one should have been got, that WAS a bad miss. I was nervous going into that last 5 minutes with just the 6 point lead, and it nearly bit us. 24-10 would have been a lot nicer than 16-10.

i was the same , very true about the goal kicking one miss can cause the result go the other way , we missed 4...

most kickers today kick from anywhere , this could hurt later in the year..

our kicking has already cost us 2 points against the titans

Jamie would definately help our cause if he took the kicks on the mark in line with the scoring position. I've seen him many times take it wider than necessary. For example if you watch the replay from his try he scores it at least 3 meters in from touch. He actually takes the kick right on the sideline. If you watch Thurston and others they always try to cheat by lining it up closer. Jamie insists on lining it up wider. For what reason I'll never understand. Someone should point it out to him. I recon he would have converted his try if he'd lined it up in the correct position. In the old days the linesman used to stand in the mark. Not sure if they still do. Comments ?

dceagle said:
What about his first kick . He scores 5 metres in from touch,but he takes the conversion attempt right on the side line. Who marks the spot where kicks are taken from ?

Yes, you're right and what's more this seems to happen often.........very often. It's the referee that sets the line for the kicker who can then come back as far as they choose.

Just after the Matt Ballin break our second try was scored by killer about 4-5 meters in from touch but he seemed to take the conversion just in from touch. Did anyone else notice that?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2