Did API help DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
DCE has been trying his best but maybe overlooked an aspect Api took advantage of last night.
The running game....& I don't mean a forwards hit up...done them...in fact injured this way.
The speed of the modern game has added a massive opportunity for the halves to play more direct & RUN the footy rather than having to put players into a hole.
Players like Milford, Morgan & our own Walker have looked dangerous off the back of momentum in the middle & will only do this more as the season grows.
That doesn't mean DCE forgets ball playing completely - just take the line on more as Api did with 3 line breaks from 6 runs!!
Personally like halves playing simple - turning forwards inside - early outballs to the 3/4 line to let them have a go at their opposite number & then the show & go when defence is back peddling.
Just an observation but really impressed with what Api done & maybe DCE not so much learned too much, but can play that simple style & play a more relaxed, controlled game than he did the first 4 rounds - looking pressured with the world on his shoulders.

Api ran too much IMO.
Brett, killer and tom were starved of good quality ball. He was good but he ran too much
And Mateo too. But maybe Mateo should have gone looking for the ball. After throwing that forward pass early he seemed to lose all confidence and did not try anything again. He should have been playing the role Gift used to play but sadly he did next to nothing last night.

Finding the balance between running and passing is the key. I happen to think DCE is one of the better running halves in the comp and isn't shy about giving it a crack. I don't think he needs to take anything too significant from Api's efforts last night.

Api played to his strength, and it paid some rewards, so good effort from him. But in terms of it being a halfback masterclass it didn't rate.

And Mateo too. But maybe Mateo should have gone looking for the ball. After throwing that forward pass early he seemed to lose all confidence and did not try anything again. He should have been playing the role Gift used to play but sadly he did next to nothing last night.
Agreed - the bloke with size & skills like this should play more THROUGH the line - splitting defenders & passing when its ON....not union style

Api ran too much IMO.
Brett, killer and tom were starved of good quality ball. He was good but he ran too much
Maybe...maybe not - if any half runs the ball 6 times & makes 3 line breaks I would ask to continue - though do agree not enough EARLY ball from Api & Walker to the outside backs OR that short ball to a rampaging Kapow!!

Api ran too much IMO.

I think he did too and probably the three support players you mentioned didn't keep up because they were expecting him to take it to the line and offload. Problem was once Api broke free none of them could catch up to support him. It worked last night but he could get figured out in the next couple of weeks and become nulified. He was playing to his strength so can't fault him on sticking to what he knows as it worked.

A backline for the rest of the year could look something like this.

1.Stewart
2.Tafua
3.Lyon
4.Walker
5.Trbojevic
6.Koroisau
7.Cherry-Evans

And for the future

1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Walker
6.Koroiasu
7.Cherry-Evans
What to do with Matai, who will he sub if on the bench?
He is better than brown, but not sure if his body will handle 2rf

DCE has been trying his best but maybe overlooked an aspect Api took advantage of last night.
The running game....& I don't mean a forwards hit up...done them...in fact injured this way.
The speed of the modern game has added a massive opportunity for the halves to play more direct & RUN the footy rather than having to put players into a hole.
Players like Milford, Morgan & our own Walker have looked dangerous off the back of momentum in the middle & will only do this more as the season grows.
That doesn't mean DCE forgets ball playing completely - just take the line on more as Api did with 3 line breaks from 6 runs!!
Personally like halves playing simple - turning forwards inside - early outballs to the 3/4 line to let them have a go at their opposite number & then the show & go when defence is back peddling.
Just an observation but really impressed with what Api done & maybe DCE not so much learned too much, but can play that simple style & play a more relaxed, controlled game than he did the first 4 rounds - looking pressured with the world on his shoulders.

I have been saying that for ages. DcE always look his best we he runs more . Has a strong fend and a good dummy and is quick. Hope to see him run more when get gets back

A backline for the rest of the year could look something like this.

1.Stewart
2.Tafua
3.Lyon
4.Walker
5.Trbojevic
6.Koroisau
7.Cherry-Evans

And for the future

1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Walker
6.Koroiasu
7.Cherry-Evans

Hey Turbo, that's a phone call I'd love to hear,

(Turbo) Hey Skivvy, it's Turbo. How are you.

(Skivvi) Good Turbs, you.

(Turbo) Great Skivvy, just rang to tell you Api has had one good game at halfback so you sacked for the rest of the year. Goodbye.

I have been saying that for ages. DcE always look his best we he runs more . Has a strong fend and a good dummy and is quick. Hope to see him run more when get gets back
Exactly right....DCE has been looking for that magic pass at the expense of his running game, particularly in the red zone....the most part he has ran the ball, is like a forward doing the dirty work.
Almost reading into Walker is the runner & he is the organiser.
His running game is right up there & once he takes more running options, think his passing will benefit on the back of it.

Hey Turbo, that's a phone call I'd love to hear,

(Turbo) Hey Skivvy, it's Turbo. How are you.

(Skivvi) Good Turbs, you.

(Turbo) Great Skivvy, just rang to tell you Api has had one good game at halfback so you sacked for the rest of the year. Goodbye.
Haha guess what at least Koroiasu has played one good game.

Haha guess what at least Koroiasu has played one good game.

Correct, one good game with all indications that more will follow.

But please wait at least one more week to be sure before you sell DCE and Matai, they have gone alright for us in the past.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6