Did they get this right ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
MELBOURNE - Centre Greg Inglis has created history by being named the 2009 Golden Boot winner - the third successive year a Melbourne Storm player has received the coveted international rugby league award.

Inglis received the award, given to the world's best player, after being named player of the tournament in the Four Nations series won by Australia yesterday.

The 22-year-old was lauded ahead of five of the best players in the world, including fellow Storm stars and previous winners, skipper Cameron Smith (2007) and fullback Billy Slater (2008).

No team has ever before had three Golden Boot recipients on its playing list.

The Golden Boot is the long-running international player of the year award presented by Rugby League World magazine, and was first presented in 1985.

It's voted on by some of the best players to have ever laced a boot, including Wally Lewis, England's Garry Schofield and New Zealand's Hugh McGahan

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

He had a good season, but maybe they thought they were voting on the Golden Gloves, not the Golden Boot

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Inglis received the award, given to the world's best player, after being named player of the tournament in the Four Nations series won by Australia yesterday.

Is the award given due to the fact that he was player of the tournament or does the whole regular season count as well?

Maybe not this year but he is the best player going round so I assume he'd get it at one stage may aswell be now.... Still remember watching him play for norths up here in QLD.... he looked one of the best from day dot. Very talented.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4