dirty F**Ker gets downgrade

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Slater to miss one NRL match
AAP
http://nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=52090
Billy Slater's contrary conduct charge was downgraded by the NRL judiciary after the Melbourne fullback sensationally claimed he was provoked by a barrage of headbutts from St George Illawarra winger Jason Nightingale.

Slater's stunning defence means he will miss just this weekend's match against New Zealand Warriors instead of the two-game ban he had been facing for his role in the all-in brawl which marred Monday night's 26-0 win to the Storm.

The Test custodian claimed he only unleashed a flurry of punches on Nightingale after being headbutted three times by the Dragons flyer.

"The first two (headbutts) I let slip, until the last one, the last one was deliberate, I've seen him drop his head and head for my face," Slater said in the hearing which lasted just on an hour.

"It was not my mentality to throw punches until I was headbutted three times.

"I'm not pleading innocent, I realise ... it was the wrong thing to do."

Slater's defence surprised NRL counsel Peter Kite, who claimed he had no evidence of headbutts being launched, with video footage failing to shed much light on the incident.

Kite claimed the incident would not have escalated had Slater not intervened on the original altercation between Dragons half Jamie Soward and Storm half Cooper Cronk.

"There was no-one to pull away when you decided to run in," Kite said.

"There's no headbutt or anything of that kind."

After the hearing Slater said he would think twice before running in to help out a teammate involved in an altercation.

"There's no doubt I put my hand up and said I did the wrong thing by running in and obviously throwing punches, I obviously let down my fans out there and obviously let down my teammates this weekend as well," Slater said.

"Yeah, I'll definitely think twice."

Slater will now return against Gold Coast on Friday week, but will have 12-carry-over points hanging over his head in the run-in to the finals.

The downgrade will also boost his chances of taking out this year's Dally M medal with Slater to lose only three points for the one week ban, the Storm fullback believed to be in with a big shout of taking out the player of the year award following a string of spectacular performances.

Earlier, St George Illawarra forward Beau Scott took the early guilty plea as he accepted a one game ban for his role in the same brawl.

Agree i thought the **** would have got somewhere between 2 and 3 weeks for sure it's a joke he just ran in from nowhere and starting punching. The whole Storm team played dirty pretty much on the night. Also i can't wait to see the back of Crocker he's just a thug you can see their slowly going back to their old ways of tackling.

The NRL go soft on Slater again. I am waiting for the headbutting charge on Nightingale but I would say I have a long wait.

Joke NRL. This character is a total slime and you have swallowed a fallacious tale hook, line and sinker.

Bellamy says he wouldn't swap Slater for any other FB he can ****ing have him. Not only is Brett Stewart a top class FB but he's a gentleman as well, Slate however is a tool and has tickets on him self.

It's a weird thing when you're charged and your defense is that you did it because you were headbutted three times.  There is no self defense suggested, rather retaliation, as he deliberately ran in and started throwing punches.  Murphy's rules apply in the NRL.  Like CW I'll be waiting for Nightingale to be charged on video evidence.  If they believed Slater, which they evidently did, Nightingale must be charged with headbutting. But I won't hold my breath. 

Totally agree with DSM - Nightingale should be charged and suspended for the season.

Another news Ltd cover up.

**** me dead
and these ****s used to say arko ran the game all manlys way,

theses ****s at news could teach arko a thing or two about taking favourites.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4