Disgraceful refereeing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Just watching the Roosters v Drongos, there should be an investigation into this game, no surprise Cecchin is involved

To start things off, Cecchin awards a try to the Chooks that they clearly dropped. Straight after that Brisbane get 2 penalties to square it up and then a try that is a textbook double movement awarded

To start the 2nd half, a Broncos player and Roosters player are fighting over a ball, 1 ref calls roosters ball, 1 calls Broncos, either way held should be the call, but they allow the Broncos guy to get up and run 50m and they score 2 plays later. Anasta says "you called roosters ball" the reply was no we didn't then the channel 9 audio clearly shows that they did

Diabolical

You sound surprised at their incompetence KE !! Billy will be out in the press come Tuesday saying they were all correct decisions.

I had high hopes that the standard of refereeing would improve once they got rid of Finch, but unfortunately Harrigan has his head buried at an equal depth in the sand. The refs have lost touch with the feel of the game and the "fair" interpretation of rules. They just ref in black and white, the video refs especially.

That arrogant little $%^& gives me the ****s. Never a game he controls he doesn't stuff up. Shows how poor things are when he can do a grand final and an origin

Is there anyone even there I'd be surprised of there's 5000

So much for big stadiums and crowds Hey Darren?

KE stream 2gb after 7pm your time Fulton is going to rip in to checcin.

*** Your complaint was noted Cameron, you had a valid point. Thread now cleaned up ***

Anyone still feel the two referees experiment is working? How about the video ref?
Easts were pathetic today. They were playing a team with six regular first graders out - but they were certainly dudded by the ref/s on a few occasions.

The Who said:
Anyone still feel the two referees experiment is working? How about the video ref?
Easts were pathetic today. They were playing a team with six regular first graders out - but they were certainly dudded by the ref/s on a few occasions.

That one where they called "Broncos Ball, Roosters ball" shows how crap the system is

Back to the subject at hand you know the refereeing is ****house when neutrals are disgusted in the ineptness displayed by the refs this afternoon.

It's not the 2 ref system that's the issue though, it's simply the fact that all the refs bar Hayne & Archer are incompetent. The fact they are being led by the egotistical and cheating Bill Harrigan gives the game no hope.

Whoeover the Ref was that yelled Roosters ball simply had to say, "Hey I made a mistake and yelled Roosters ball, come back and play it". That's not the 2 refs system at fault, it's old mate who went to the Eddie Ward school of refereeing's fault.

Volley said:
It's not the 2 ref system that's the issue though, it's simply the fact that all the refs bar Hayne & Archer are incompetent. The fact they are being led by the egotistical and cheating Bill Harrigan gives the game no hope.

Whoeover the Ref was that yelled Roosters ball simply had to say, "Hey I made a mistake and yelled Roosters ball, come back and play it". That's not the 2 refs system at fault, it's old mate who went to the Eddie Ward school of refereeing's fault.

The worst part of it, is that I am sure it was Cecchin who called out Roosters ball

Then when Anasta went and questioned him on it, he said I didn't say that and the audio will prove it, WTF

OK, in the interests of civility I have cleaned up this thread. You guys know the deal, let's try and keep it PC no matter how ridiculous you may think that is.

Volley said:

I think the two-ref system has been a complete failure. It costs the NRL twice as much to administer, and there are not enough good refs to control eight matches, let alone having to try to find 16 competent refs.
The game needs a real overhaul. It has been overcomplicated by two many officials and technical rules. Get back to simple rules.

I would be interested to hear constructive opinions on how the refereeing issues could be addressed.

I for one would like to see the video ref have access to better technology eg HD TV which they dont currently have and be given wider scope on what they can rule on.

The Who said:

I still don't know how we ended up with two referees. It seemed to me that the whole idea was a personal crusade by Warren Smith of Fox - and it's a mystery why anybody listened to that knob end in the first place.
Other things being equal, two idiots in charge will always be worse than one idiot in charge, which NRL referees prove on a weekly basis.

Volley said:
Spot on. I'd think the majority of footy heads would agree on Hayne and Archer. Sometimes though it seems that people in positions of power let their ego's run wild and ruin common sense decision making.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6