Disgraceful!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
RESIDENTS have launched a social media campaign to find the mysterious man spotted taking ducklings from Narrabeen Lake.

Eyewitness Alison Cleary said she was out to lunch with a friend at the lakefront Boatshed Cafe and Bar when she saw the incident.

“It all happened so quickly,” Ms Cleary told the Manly Daily.

“At first I thought this man had fallen off (his) bike and then I saw he was putting something into a blue sack. It was a duckling.

“Another little duckling poked its head out but then he was off, riding away.

“It all happened in about 30 seconds and I didn’t have time to react.”

Ms Cleary called the police and put a warning on Facebook page Northern Beaches Buy Sell and Swap! (Without the Rules).

“I just wanted to get the word out in case it happened again,” Ms Cleary said.

“Right away on the post, someone said they saw him down the lake a bit looking scattered so hopefully it leads to him.”

Narrabeen resident Jessica Fuller also saw the post and said she was concerned.

“I live right on the lake and the mother ducks and their ducklings have been spending the night in our yard,” said Ms Fuller, who called the RSPCA and police.

An RSPCA spokeswoman said it was not something they would pursue, unless the person was mistreating the animals.

A Warringah Council spokeswoman said they had no authorisation to act on the report under legislation.

A National Parks and Wildlife Service spokesman said their ability to act depended on whether the ducks were a native species or not.

Meanwhile residents are using the Facebook page to offer to patrol the area.

Tomas Krnavek said: “maybe put a sign in that area saying ‘watched area’ or similar”.

Carina Truza said it wasn’t the first time she’d heard of it.

“It’s time for some signage down by the lake ... It’s horrible for anyone to steal wildlife or pets.”

Justin Long said: “next time, most phones have cameras on. Get a pic.”

I don't care if people want to steal our players - but don't touch our ****ing ducks!

The 2 ducks have been spotted in Manly jerseys with "6" and "7" on their backs in a development believed to be related to Manly CEO Joe Kelly's scheduled press conference at which he is rumoured to be announcing Manly's new halves pairing for 2016.

In a development that may be related to the incident, the following exchange was overheard between Geoff Toovey and Joe Kelly at Sea Eagles HQ in Narrabeen this morning.

GT: "When I said Chez and Foz were lame ducks I didn't mean I wanted f***ing lame ducks to replace them you halfwit".

JK: "So what you're saying is that I should sign the half, Michael Witt..."

I actually take these ducks very seriously. They are a big part of Narrabeen.

skXShsd.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4